New from Colorado Springs

scpaisley

FNG
I just recently learned about this site from another user, checked it out and thought I'd join in on the conversation and maybe make a bid on a few sale items. I've been in CO since 99, hunted only since '02, mostly rifle, a few archery hunts that were disastrous, turkey hunts that were more just walks in the mountains and I have a penchant for running into mountain lions. No attacks just yet haha.

OP
scpaisley

scpaisley

FNG
Welcome, I am actually looking to relocate to CO Springs area this summer.
Its a nice place to be, quick run up to the mountains for deer/elk/turkey etc or a nice roll out the plains for pheasant, rabbit, etc. Only downside is the drivers here are something you just have to witness to believe haha

Lol, I didnt think drivers could get worse than here in Alabama but I guess I will find out soon enough.

OP
scpaisley

scpaisley

FNG
Good of you to join us. Remember, the bear-proof trash can law west of I-25 takes effect in COS on next week, March 1.
Thankfully I am on the east side. Why can't they just admit getting rid of spring bear hunt was a bad idea?

elkduds

WKR
Thankfully I am on the east side. Why can't they just admit getting rid of spring bear hunt was a bad idea?
CPW is legally prohibited from commenting on ballot measures, including the current wolf reintro ballot question. Spring bear hunting prohibition was a ballot initiative. Voters decided it, not CPW. Which is why it is imperative to defeat the wolf ballot initiative this Nov. And next Nov, it will keep coming up. Good news on that front today:

keu9DoJIQNLM0dWHJnZdXece08vR1ggO582eAbRcymRjSzN9Fbopkojt1OBfL6UaO4vTTQ9rTpdTJzbruM3IAKm-L1m3HQ6sUvxU9gwBVQRiMoZoH7-135KRdrc9gMuXlXF75ose_KIjEUgruI7q_Mr7OhigRA=s0-d-e1-ft

News Update: February 26, 2020
El Paso County Joins Effort to Say NO to
Forced Wolf Introduction
Colorado Springs, CO - Today, Colorado Stop the Wolf Coalition announced the latest Colorado county to pass a resolution against forced wolf introduction in our state. El Paso County Commissioners voted unanimously on Tuesday to oppose forced wolf introduction.

As one of the fastest growing counties along Colorado’s Front Range, El Paso County Commissioners acknowledged that forcing wolves into Colorado will have negative impacts statewide.

The resolution pointed out that El Paso County is not only home to agricultural and ranching businesses that would be negatively impacted by forced wolf introduction, but also hurt the county’s tourism industry which draws millions of people every year to area trails and open spaces.

“This is the right thing to do, the economic impact is clear in the state of Colorado, not only would it be a danger to the very important industries of ranching and farming in our state, it also would be a danger to those that enjoy the outdoors so much,” said Commissioner Stan VanderWerf.

“And I don’t even get it, it’s not a natural species to the state of Colorado, so it isn’t even logical why anyone would want to introduce,” he concluded.

El Paso County now joins Douglas and Elbert County as high population counties along the Front Range that are officially opposing any efforts to force the introduction of wolves in Colorado. The number of Colorado Counties now opposing forced wolf introduction stands at over 30, with that number expected to rise in the coming months.

The list of Colorado Counties opposed, and their resolutions, can be found here.

“We’re grateful for Commissioner Stan VanderWerf’s leadership on this important issue, and the unanimous support from his fellow El Paso County Commissioners. Our coalition was happy to work with them in providing the facts, grassroots support, and research they needed to pass a strong No Wolf Introduction Resolution,” said Denny Behrens, Co-Chairman of Colorado Stop the Wolf Coalition.

“There’s a good reason why El Paso County, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and many other agencies have opposed introduction of wolves in Colorado. They’ve seen the data from other states that have tried this foolish idea before and the resulting devastating consequences. Not only is wolf introduction a bad idea, but it’s not fair to the wolves that would be uprooted from their native lands and forced into our populated state,” concluded Behrens.

Go visit the CAVE OF THE WINDS but stop and buy all the rubber snakes in the gift shop first. Take the tour and lag behind, placing the fake snakes on the ground, ledges and walls of the cave. You will hear the screams coming from the tour group behind yours. Great fun.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You'll be amazed at the ability they have here. I blame it on the lack of oxygen.

I blame it on all the transplants that have moved here. Driving used to be easy here. Did you know that we didn't have any red left turn arrows until CA moved in? These days driving is like every other vehicle on the road is someone floating down the river on an inner-tube, while some of us are trying to get up stream. Very frustrating. At least 8 out of 10 are on their phones, and at least 6 out of 10 are high.

Driving on I-25 was an experience where lots of caffeine was required lol. Go to the Keg* in Manitou Springs, get the Baja Salsa..... I ended up finding who supplied them and got 2 gallons worth. I’d no joke eat it with a spoon. Post is for whoever is new there.