New from wisconsin

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
Hello,
Figured the intro. I am 33 work full time and go to school. I spent alot of time in the woods in northern wisconsin all my life.
We had asperations on moving up there in spring but it looks like with my gf getting a nursing job down here we will be near Milwaukee another year.
I am a hobbist knife maker, i also guide once in a while for a friends outdoor service, welder fabricator and general outdoor lover. Lived thru a couple NDEs. I like making alot of gear at home but also like rocking higher end stuff. Typically I put about 100miles or more backpacking.
This year I am getting back to my roots of shooting a recurve. Also getting in shape more like trying to get lean and piss strong but now am shooting for 180lbs as opposed to 200 at 5,7. Somewhere around 18 I put my bow down. Having not been a very successful deer hunter in the past I have decided this year is my year. I have esentially hunted alone since i started and probably lack tecnique. I guess I am lucky because resourcses I have plenty. Skills need improving. Mayve being quiet and patient ...
So thru planning out my game and reading books and looking for a new pack I stumbled on this site and joined.
I got plenty of land I can hunt but never properly scouted it so this year starting in april I am getting down to brass tacks. S
I plan on getting out to one 40acre plot whenever possible but also establishing a remote camp for gun hunting.
So any how plan on spending more time hunting as opposed to just being outside this year.

JP

Wisconsin is a great state. I spent 5+ years there and moved away a year ago. I miss it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
Welcome. I'm from the Madison area but live in Idaho. Wisconsin is the best state in the Union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome. Sounds like your into a bunch of cool activities. Can't wait to see some your posts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! Grew up in Bloomer, WI but live in Michigan now. Some good info on this site. Good luck to you!

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to the forum. Todd from adams-friendship. Certain you will love it here.

Welcome, we moved from Baraboo 6 years ago. My wife is from Racine. I couldn't imagine ever moving back but I do miss the lakes and fishing.