New Guy from Green Bay

Thanks for having me ladies and gents!

Green Bay, WI outdoorsman here. Muskie fishing is my main passion and recently hunting out west is starting to take over. I made a long weekend for a wedding in Montana, and decided I have to start making a yearly voyage to hunt.

I'm looking forward to learning and acquiring the necesary equipment for western big game hunting!

OP
black_dawg
Thanks Guys! looks like a nice snowy weekend, no safe ice to fish on, and Packer football on the TV. I'll be sitting on my ass researching! Anybody has any recomendations for areas around Helena Montana, I'm all ears!

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome aboard!! Lots of great information and experience around here to help you out with! Glad to have you here! (y)

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Guys! looks like a nice snowy weekend, no safe ice to fish on, and Packer football on the TV. I'll be sitting on my ass researching! Anybody has any recomendations for areas around Helena Montana, I'm all ears!
[/QUOTE
Welcome from a former cheese head, we moved to western Montana five years ago and will never move back to cheeselandia. As for your question about hunting here, hit me up on the messenger, and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

OP
black_dawg

I'm not sure how to send a PM or if I have privileges yet... Not sure I've hit my 10 posts. I did "follow" you on here, though.

After our trip last fall, both my partner and I said we wanted to move out that way. Unfortunately we're a "blended" family (she has 2 kids and I have one from previous marriages) and our kids all have other parents that are grounded here. Moving west wouldnt be an option for another 14 years minimum. But her uncle lives in Helena and has a cabin near there. We have an open invite, I'm just not sure exactly where it is...lol