New guy from MN

03mossy

WKR
Welcome from another new MN member from Mille Lacs county. Found Rokslide preparing for my first Elk hunt last year and am hooked!!

Welcome! I grew up in Bemidji. The USAF has other plans on where I live so I don’t live in Minnesota right now. Elk hunting is the most amazing hunt IMO. I have done a few hunts in Colorado so if you want any pointers let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome! Just west of the Twin Cities myself.

Anyone got any good hiking spots to prepare for the west? Just have a local sledding hill for now but looking for something for some bigger hikes for the summer.

03mossy

WKR

Anyone got any good hiking spots to prepare for the west? Just have a local sledding hill for now but looking for something for some bigger hikes for the summer.

Good question and I hope someone can offer some ideas as I am curious also. All the trails within 30 mins of me are FLAT!

Ranger619

WKR

You could check out Sibley State Park. I hike there regularly. It has some descent hills for this area.

depending how far you wanna drive, you can always head east and hike along the St Croix or the bluffs near Winona. Some decent parks on the Wisconsin side of the river, too.