New guy from Utah

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put in for the Utah draw for Elk but was unsuccessful. I'm intrigued by these OTC branched antler tags in open units. Are these hard to hunt units with very little elk residing in little pockets here and there? I don't mind this type of hunt as I've done unit 23 elk in New Mexico and if anyone else here has been on that hunt they know how tough it is. I'm interested in doing the Archery hunt in Utah. Any advice? Can swap info for Arizona deer, elk, javelina, antelope, bears in the pears.
Plenty of steep and deep. Only game in town for branch antler bulls without luck or giving up half a lifetime waiting

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

uthuntr

FNG
If you do the spike hunt and the cache is where you go, shoot me a PM. There’s a lot places you can go that don’t require 4WD.
Hopefully able to pick your brain a little too. Cache is my home unit, lots of general deer experience which I'm sure you don't need from me. But a point in the right direction for a spike hunt would be appreciated. I'll shoot you a PM if that's alright when I'm able.

spectrum

Lil-Rokslider
Plenty of steep and deep. Only game in town for branch antler bulls without luck or giving up half a lifetime waiting

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That's usually how it is with big bulls . This is my daughters bull it took 4 of us all day to get out of a deep canyon in Arizona. Unit 6A

Attachments

• josie elk.jpg
    josie elk.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 9