New Hunter from England.

Hello to all my fellow hunters and to the American people. Hoping life treats everyone well and in fine fashion. I'd love to hear any such comments of any Americans who've either travelled to England or hunted over on this somewhat tiny Island. Unfortunately ,we haven't got the large game species your country has got. However, hunting here is great tradition and still practised of course.But, My main interest is the working Jack Russell Terrier but my interests in other Terrier breeds abound of course. The other breeds of great interest include the working Border, Fox Terrier, Lakeland type and the Irish Terrier.I also possess a most wonderful passion for hunting with hounds, i.e both fox and Hare hunting. I love Hare Coursing with Lurchers or Greyhounds ,plus working Ferrets for the Rabbits. However, my obsession and perhaps by my own admission of an unhealthy attraction to such an intelligent creature started with the Brown Rat . Wonderful!😂 I'm also interested of course regarding certain conservation issues. I reside in Nottinghamshire , near to the world renowned Sherwood Forest and famous for the legend of Robin Hood!😳 Born in 1965 and hunted since a youngster. I also have an identical Twin brother who also Hunts and shoots. So for now just a short message of words. My most sincere regards. David. P.S. A Great many thanks for this wonderful site...❤️❤️❤️

G’day, mate. Oh...no…wait….

welcome to Rockslide. No experience hunting in Europe but it sounds like an interesting endeavor. Enjoy the site.

axeforce6

WKR
welcome to the forum. I’ll be in England in Scotland this May. I have the opportunity to hunt Roe about an hour west of Edinburg. I’m really excited to see the countryside.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, David.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are award the coveted FNG ⭐ for the day for your informative intro and where you live. Members from your neck of the woods are not common in these here parts and me thinks that deserves special recognition. (y) Plus, I thought firearm ownership was severely restricted for you fine folks (and the only reason we have our 2A so thank you from across the pond)?

OP
L
G’day, mate. Oh...no…wait….

welcome to Rockslide. No experience hunting in Europe but it sounds like an interesting endeavor. Enjoy the site.
Hello friend, a great many thanks for the welcome that is for sure! Good luck! David from England.

OP
L
Hey David - welcome. You come from a diff world than we have over here.
Hello Rich, thank you for the kind welcome and reply. England has so many hunting traditions but unfortunately the situation becomes increasingly difficult through attacks by the (Anti-Brigade!)😡😡 They sure do belong within the club of buffoonery!😂😂 Hoping you have a great day. Sincere regards. David Twin from England.

OP
L
welcome to the forum. I’ll be in England in Scotland this May. I have the opportunity to hunt Roe about an hour west of Edinburg. I’m really excited to see the countryside.
Hello Sir, wonderful to hear about your future travels to Scotland this coming May time. For sure you'll never ever forget "Scotland!" The terrain is wild, desolate and at times somewhat a total mystery. The solitude and tranquility abound in such measure....The people are of another kind, and when you meet a good Deer Stalker or keeper, you'll never forget them. "Just watch out for the midges"! Plus ,if you like a drop of the hard stuff then sample their malt Whisky!❤️ Drinking with the Scots is an experience one never forgets.😂 I'll remember to raise my glass in the month of May to your good health and success in your hunting forays in Gods country. Good luck. David.....

OP
L
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, David.

Eddie

P.S. You sir, are award the coveted FNG ⭐ for the day for your informative intro and where you live. Members from your neck of the woods are not common in these here parts and me thinks that deserves special recognition. (y) Plus, I thought firearm ownership was severely restricted for you fine folks (and the only reason we have our 2A so thank you from across the pond)?
Dear Eddie, please accept me most sincere apologies for the delay in contacting you any earlier to your previous reply to my original message of words. Thank you for the wonderful and delightful comment.Just been in hospital!😡 Hope all the ladies and gents are enjoying their adventures within the great outdoors and I wish everyone good health and joy within their life. Good luck and God bless the American folk!❤️❤️❤️Sincere regards, David Twin.