New hunting partner 2031

Only 12 more years till my new hunting partner can hunt with me....2031 can't come soon enough haha!

This is kid #1 for us and this was one of my very first thoughts!
786936bf2b8e3117f2e31f1150050ed9.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

KJH

WKR
Congrats. Hunting with your kids is a totally different kind of enjoyment... If I never shot another animal I would be more than happy as long as one of my kids is hunting with me. Trust me, its a new found happiness that gets better as the years go on.

Congrats! Best gift ever! My oldest is 2 and he got a toy 870 from basspro for Christmas. He ask to watch hunting shows to “shoot a deer dad” with 870 in toe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Your life will change a ton...for the better.
You will start thinking about hunting in a different manner.

How can I get my 5 year old up that mountain into camp?
Can I draw my bow with a two year old on my back?

The best suggestion I can give you is spend money on quality boots/clothes for the kiddos!
You will get more time in the woods with them if they are comfortable and warm.

archp625

WKR
Very Nice and Congratulations!!! My wife and I had our first child 11 months ago. I will tell you that those long nights and tired days seems like a horrible deal but it goes by so dang fast. Last year was the first year I didn't turkey hunt in a long time and hardly fished, shot sporting clays and or duck hunted. I can already tell that things are looking up. This year I have already done so much more.

Here is a list off the top of my head for youth points...this was something I researched a few years ago:
Arizona 10yrs old they can start getting points...get hunters ed and loyalty points and they will have 10 points by the time they are 18yrs old.
OR, NV, WY, CO are all 12 years before they can get points
UT is 14
MT is 10...but need hunters education number first...
In Vermont you can put a baby in for moose points
Minnesota 10 to start applying for moose...not points but after 10yrs you get in the 20% pool
Iowa 12 for whitetail points
Texas you can start building loyalty points when they are 8yrs old

OP
tyler.duce
Very Nice and Congratulations!!! My wife and I had our first child 11 months ago. I will tell you that those long nights and tired days seems like a horrible deal but it goes by so dang fast. Last year was the first year I didn't turkey hunt in a long time and hardly fished, shot sporting clays and or duck hunted. I can already tell that things are looking up. This year I have already done so much more.
Thanks for the advice. I think you are right, our children are worth every effort and sacrifice!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk