New Incinerator Aerolite

Kotaman

WKR
@Kotaman

How is the Skre Guardian for packing / packability? Is it large and cumbersome, like wrestling with a mattress? (Maybe compare it to the Sitka Fanatic, size/bulk-wise. They are different garments, but I am familiar with the Fanatic.)

Also, how is the outer material on the Skre for noise? Quiet enough to bow hunt in, late season, with animals close?
Yes, similar to the Fanatic in bulk. Maybe a little less. (I have both). The outer material on the Skre is pretty quiet. Almost a brushed, soft saddle cloth feel to it. Quieter than any versions of the Incinerator for sure. Should be quiet enough for bowhunting.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm debating between the new aerolite incinerator and fanatic bibs - for those who've could compare them to each other and for those who have the new aerolite - how would you rate them, and maybe more importantly, would you buy them again?

I've been checking the Sitka site (and others) for reviews on the incinerator bibs, and honestly, so far, the reviews for the new aerolite's on Sitka's site are fairly underwhelming, especially relative to the fanatic bibs (which have obviously been on the market for a while) - hopefully as we close out the season others will provide some reviews on Sitka's site - to be fair on the review part and give the benefit of the doubt, it could just be too early for others' to rate this piece.

I tried on both the fanatic bibs and the aerolite bibs at a local shop; aerolite was super compressible (as you'd expect with a puffy lining on the inner part of the bibs), but are they noticeably warmer than the fanatic? I believe in the power of puffy insulation - as I'm sure we've all experienced it can be an invaluable layer - but the fanatic bibs' bulk makes me think it's warmer, but many, including a Sitka rep, say the new aerolite incinerator is warmer.

Thanks a ton guys - your insight is super helpful!!!

Last edited:
I'm debating between the new aerolite incinerator and fanatic bibs - for those who've could compare them to each other and for those who have the new aerolite - how would you rate them, and maybe more importantly, would you buy them again?

I've been checking the Sitka site (and others) for reviews on the incinerator bibs, and honestly, so far, the reviews for the new aerolite's on Sitka's site are fairly underwhelming, especially relative to the fanatic bibs (which have obviously been on the market for a while) - hopefully as we close out the season others will provide some reviews on Sitka's site - to be fair on the review part and give the benefit of the doubt, it could just be too early for others' to rate this piece.

I tried on both the fanatic bibs and the aerolite bibs at a local shop; aerolite was super compressible (as you'd expect with a puffy lining on the inner part of the bibs, but are they noticeably warmer than the fanatic? I believe the power of puffy insulation - as I'm sure we've all experienced it can be an invaluable layer - but the fanatic bibs' bulk makes me think it's warmer, but many, including a Sitka rep, say the new aerolite incinerator is warmer.

Thanks a ton guys - your insight is super helpful!!!
I had both and kept the incinerator because they are much less bulky, and have the water proof layer. I'm completely happy with that decision and have enjoyed wearing them this year. Used them down to the teens with no issue. Mud, rain and snow have not even come close to penetrating them. The lack of bulk is great. My legs don't swish around when walking.

Kotaman

WKR
I currently have both. Agree with everything the above post says. The Incinerator bibs are warmer, more packable and more weather resistant. The Fanatic are quieter. I can get away with a little noisier bib than I can a jacket for bowhunting. A lot of archers I know have gone with the Incinerator bib and Fanatic Jacket. For rifle hunting, I’d go Incinerator all the way.

tracker12

WKR
I am trying to decide between these two also. Was leaning towards the fanatic but hate the bulk. Would love to find a place in the area to inspect them in person.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I currently have both. Agree with everything the above post says. The Incinerator bibs are warmer, more packable and more weather resistant. The Fanatic are quieter. I can get away with a little noisier bib than I can a jacket for bowhunting. A lot of archers I know have gone with the Incinerator bib and Fanatic Jacket. For rifle hunting, I’d go Incinerator all the way.
Thank you, that’s a big distinction for bow hunting…incinerator bibs w/fanatic jacket for bow. I think that’s what I’m going to run. I tend to run cold once I’m static for a couple hours (I think we all do to some extent, but I feel like I’m pretty cold natured, idk), so having the incinerator bibs sounds like a winner.

jbwright

WKR
Classified Approved
I am trying to decide between these two also. Was leaning towards the fanatic but hate the bulk. Would love to find a place in the area to inspect them in person.
We’re in the same boat. I had the chance to try on both and the fanatic seems pretty awesome, but I really like the puffy material on the inner part of in incinerator. I will say at first glance, I was slightly surprised the incinerator wasn’t more bulky given its price point. But the outer shell differences are very different.

My plan is to wear merino base layers with maybe the mountain pant, and put the incinerator bib on at my tree. I think the packability of the new Aerolite’s are the feature that are pushing me more towards them than the fanatic. When I tried them on, I did love the weight of the incinerator. I’m not sure of the weight difference, but I’d guess the incinerator’s are around half the weight and probably 1/3 the pack size. For me, that’s pretty important because again, for most of my hunting situations for whitetail, I’m walking over 500 yds to my stand from the truck, and packing the incinerator in my pack.

Thanks guys merry Christmas

fwafwow

WKR
Subscribed. I need these like a hole in the head, but I'm watching.

Off topic - I "run" the Fanatic bibs and Incinerator jacket. I am not sure how many models of each there have been, but if anyone can tell me which I'm likely to have (or how to tell), that would be helpful. I bought both in early 2018.

Maverick1

WKR
I’m interested in the Skre guardian set, but the 34” inseam is about 4” too long!

Maverick1

WKR
We’re in the same boat. I had the chance to try on both and the fanatic seems pretty awesome, but I really like the puffy material on the inner part of in incinerator. I will say at first glance, I was slightly surprised the incinerator wasn’t more bulky given its price point. But the outer shell differences are very different.

My plan is to wear merino base layers with maybe the mountain pant, and put the incinerator bib on at my tree. I think the packability of the new Aerolite’s are the feature that are pushing me more towards them than the fanatic. When I tried them on, I did love the weight of the incinerator. I’m not sure of the weight difference, but I’d guess the incinerator’s are around half the weight and probably 1/3 the pack size. For me, that’s pretty important because again, for most of my hunting situations for whitetail, I’m walking over 500 yds to my stand from the truck, and packing the incinerator in my pack.

Thanks guys merry Christmas
Why not use the stratus outer layer and use a set of puffy or down jacket and pants underneath. Wouldn’t that be comparable?

tracker12

WKR
I guess it depends if you want to layer a lighter outer layer or have a heavier outer garment. Both will work. I like to layer my top but prefer a base layer and one heavier garment on the bottom.

Seeknelk

WKR
For stand hunting whitetail , have any of you guys used the heater body suit? I have one , I've only used a few time( I usually don't stand hunt late season, usually tracking )
but its like the weather can't touch you. Anyway, I'm sure you've all looked at it before ,but I never see it mentioned so thought I'd throw it out there.