New Incinerator Aerolite

Kotaman

WKR
Any reviews on this yet ?

Have my eyes on it and you always seem to have great input on stuff.....
It’s only been cold enough to wear it once. I’m not sold it is better than the previous version or not. This is still too noisy to wear bow hunting unless it’s really windy. For me it will work great for late season rifle and late season muzzleloader. It doesn’t “feel” as warm as the previous version, but that might be because it is so light and thin. (Perception). I’m taking it with on an Alberta Mule Deer hunt next week, but the temps don’t look like it will be cold enough to wear it. Stay tuned…I still have my archery tag and plan on hunting well into December. I’ll be wearing this when it’s cold and windy.

With that said, Ive got a ton of use out of my Fanatic set this year. I don’t think there’s a whole lot better on the market than the Fanatic for it’s intended use. The new version is silent And I stay warm enough in it into the mid 20’s. For me, anything below 25 degrees and I need to turn to my cold weather stuff.

Ten Bears

WKR
It’s only been cold enough to wear it once. I’m not sold it is better than the previous version or not. This is still too noisy to wear bow hunting unless it’s really windy. For me it will work great for late season rifle and late season muzzleloader. It doesn’t “feel” as warm as the previous version, but that might be because it is so light and thin. (Perception). I’m taking it with on an Alberta Mule Deer hunt next week, but the temps don’t look like it will be cold enough to wear it. Stay tuned…I still have my archery tag and plan on hunting well into December. I’ll be wearing this when it’s cold and windy.

With that said, Ive got a ton of use out of my Fanatic set this year. I don’t think there’s a whole lot better on the market than the Fanatic for it’s intended use. The new version is silent And I stay warm enough in it into the mid 20’s. For me, anything below 25 degrees and I need to turn to my cold weather stuff.

As always you give the good stuff....Thanks, I'll hold off until I get some more "really cold" reviews. I have a FL Sanctuary 2.0 set that's warm, it's just so dang heavy....definitely quiet though..

I did two 4ish hour sits with a "feels like" in the high 20s. Wore it with 350 weight merino bottoms, and core light weight / fanatic shirts up top. I found it to be plenty warm. I threw a hand warmer inside the chest pocket of the bibs but it might have been overkill. If temps got closer to the actual 20s I'd definitely consider maybe one more later up top but I'm pretty cold natured. What I like most about it is the lack of bulk. The lack of insulation in the shins is not something I care about because I wear insulated rubber boots and it would just get compressed anyways.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I did two 4ish hour sits with a "feels like" in the high 20s. Wore it with 350 weight merino bottoms, and core light weight / fanatic shirts up top. I found it to be plenty warm. I threw a hand warmer inside the chest pocket of the bibs but it might have been overkill. If temps got closer to the actual 20s I'd definitely consider maybe one more later up top but I'm pretty cold natured. What I like most about it is the lack of bulk. The lack of insulation in the shins is not something I care about because I wear insulated rubber boots and it would just get compressed anyways.
The shin insulation has always bothered me with the bibs. With sweaty feet I can't do the Rubbers anymore unless I actually need them to get to my stand location

RC_

FNG

How are you layering the Fanatic in the 20s? I'm looking for a new colder weather set, say 15-35, and am kinda torn between Fanatic and FL Sanctuary. My concern is the Sanctuary might be too warm in the 20s and low 30s, especially the days when it starts below 30 but might get into the mid 40s midday. I've heard that range is where the Fanatic shines but if you have to really layer up to use it in the teens I might go the FL route.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Fanatic barely needs any layering in the 20s. I wear LW all the time no matter what setup, along with HW bottom, Fanatic Hoody. Fanatic Jacket/Bibs, and this easily will get me to 20 as i just did this setup. If i were to get into 10s i would swap the Fanatic Hoody/HW pants for my FL Furnace top/bottom. Anything less will be my Midi set underneath. Tested the fanatic to -32F (-36C) last winter and could do FL Kiln, FL Furnace, Midi top/bottom, and Fanatic set. Sat for 3hrs and my feet/hands gave up before my body did

Kotaman

WKR
My Fanatic layers:

Merino Short sleeve, lightweight base layer.
Pnuma Heated Vest.
Fanatic Hoodie
Long Johns-Either Pnuma Heated or Lightweight Merino.

If it’s too cold for this set up, I’m going to the Sanctuary or Incinerator. I usually look to switch to something warmer in the low 20’s. I just ordered the new Skre Guardian Extreme weather jacket and bibs to try. The specs remind me of the old Incinerator with a brushed fleece exterior.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
My Fanatic layers:

Merino Short sleeve, lightweight base layer.
Pnuma Heated Vest.
Fanatic Hoodie
Long Johns-Either Pnuma Heated or Lightweight Merino.

If it’s too cold for this set up, I’m going to the Sanctuary or Incinerator. I usually look to switch to something warmer in the low 20’s. I just ordered the new Skre Guardian Extreme weather jacket and bibs to try. The specs remind me of the old Incinerator with a brushed fleece exterior.
I just saw this jacket and the 10oz of fill is alot. Double the old incinerator I knew with 5.7oz. Post a review on this piece if you get a chance as I'm really interested in it

RC_

FNG
Thanks for the replies. I pulled the trigger on the Fanatic set. Got the bibs and jacket on sale right now for ~$600 all in, which seems like a pretty solid deal.

Supposed to be in the low 20s near me this weekend so hopefully it's here by then so I can test it out.

So have you worn the Sanctuary 2.0 kit in any cold weather yet this year?
Only twice, temp. range was 25 to 28 both mornings but windy, I was happy with it so far, as I haven't had colder temps to use it in yet.

I also got the Solitude which I used more because of not so cold temps. What I found out was I could get away with the Solitude down to around 25 with proper layers, but the key is with no to little wind. If it's windy my go to temp for the sanctuary would be around 32, with no to little wind my go to temp would be the lower 20's for the Sanctuary.

Now looking back if I had to buy again, I would have got the Complete Solitude Set like I did, but only the Sanctuary jacket and just use the Solitude bibs when I needed the Sanctuary Coat.

Last edited:

Klbeeks

FNG

Very interested in a comparison between the new incinerator setup and skre guardian. If you wouldn't mind. Did you get a chance to wear either one on your alberta trip? Planning on purchasing one of these set ups for a saskatchewan rifle hunt for whitetail.

Kotaman

WKR
Very interested in a comparison between the new incinerator setup and skre guardian. If you wouldn't mind. Did you get a chance to wear either one on your alberta trip? Planning on purchasing one of these set ups for a saskatchewan rifle hunt for whitetail.
Alberta trip was way too warm. I have wore them both to the whitetail stand. If you want pure warmth the Skre’s is the way to go. If you are going to be in nasty, wind wet weather, the Incinerator is the way to go. The Skre has twice the insulation that the old down Incinerator had!

Klbeeks

FNG
Is the skre on the verge of being too bulky at that point? Also with your current experience with both suits, would you say either one is fully capable of all day sits in single digits with light to limited layering?

Kotaman

WKR
Is the skre on the verge of being too bulky at that point? Also with your current experience with both suits, would you say either one is fully capable of all day sits in single digits with light to limited layering?
No, it’s not overly bulky comparatively speaking. Plus, it doesn’t have insulation in the lower legs or jacket tail which helps with bulk. I don’t bulk up with layers, as I use the Pnuma heated vest and heated long Johns.

Klbeeks

FNG
Big drawback for me at this point with the skre, is there inseam lengths. I'm 5'9" 230. And it appears in sizes xl and 2xl, they also carry a 34" inseam..

Klbeeks

FNG
As always you give the good stuff....Thanks, I'll hold off until I get some more "really cold" reviews. I have a FL Sanctuary 2.0 set that's warm, it's just so dang heavy....definitely quiet though..
What's your experience with the wind blocking properties of the sanctuary suit? Have read reviews , that some claim its less than ideal at blocking wind

Ten Bears

WKR
What's your experience with the wind blocking properties of the sanctuary suit? Have read reviews , that some claim its less than ideal at blocking wind

I have only worn the bibs so far, it has to be really cold for me to put the jacket on. I didn't notice any wind getting through, but I also had some base layers on underneath and was sitting on my butt all day. So far so good, but I ain't ready to call them "wind proof". I need some nasty stuff to make that call.

Klbeeks

FNG
I have only worn the bibs so far, it has to be really cold for me to put the jacket on. I didn't notice any wind getting through, but I also had some base layers on underneath and was sitting on my butt all day. So far so good, but I ain't ready to call them "wind proof". I need some nasty stuff to make that call.
If you dont mind, keep in touch After you're able to put them through their paces! Thanks!

Ten Bears

WKR
If you dont mind, keep in touch After you're able to put them through their paces! Thanks!

I will, most likely done with cold weather deer hunts for the year. Moved onto strictly chasing pheasants...If I get out in some Michigan winter I'll let you know how they do...

Maverick1

WKR
No, it’s not overly bulky comparatively speaking. Plus, it doesn’t have insulation in the lower legs or jacket tail which helps with bulk. I don’t bulk up with layers, as I use the Pnuma heated vest and heated long Johns.

@Kotaman

How is the Skre Guardian for packing / packability? Is it large and cumbersome, like wrestling with a mattress? (Maybe compare it to the Sitka Fanatic, size/bulk-wise. They are different garments, but I am familiar with the Fanatic.)

Also, how is the outer material on the Skre for noise? Quiet enough to bow hunt in, late season, with animals close?