New jetstream fit

Advice on size.
I’m looking for an all around jacket I can use daily in cooler weather for kid’s soccer,fishing,hunting etc.
I like the new grey jetstream but not sure about fit.
I’m 6 ft 175 athletic build.
I would want to wear a tee shirt under it as well as a core lightweight and core heavyweight depending on temp.
I definitely don’t like baggy clothes.I wear a medium in a lot of sitkas stuff and I’m at the limit.
The new jetstream is supposed to be a little bigger and also there’s a large tall.

I’m 5 9 180 and I wear the Sitka Jetstream (new version) large tall - so I can layer under and the tall so it’s longer to keep but dry if I’m sitting in damp conditions.

I think you’d be fine with the large tall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueman75

FNG
Well I am 5’10 and 175. I just tried on my Large Jetstream with a t shirt and hoody on. It fit well and I don’t think a medium would work…too tight in the shoulders.

WoodBow

WKR
I'm basically the same build. 6 feet and an athletic 185. I have it in a large tall. some of their large stuff seems to be right on the edge of too short for me. The core lw hoody is that way for me. So maybe you can compare to that. I bought it in a large and wasnt happy with the length so I bought it in a large tall and it's perfect.

It is a pretty slim fitting piece. This is a down side for my personal applications. You will have no problem wearing the layers under it that you describe, but much more will start to feel crowded. To me it seems like a heavy duty shell layer. No real insulation to it. Colder than like 55-60, I will need to add layers under it. I'm not sure what I expected but for $379, i was not impressed. I bought it after season last year. I will keep it this year and see how much it gets used. It's just too heavy of a piece for backpack hunts. And it would be a good (though very over priced) shell, if i could fit adequate layers under it to get into some colder temps for whitetail.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm 6'2", 225. Bodybuilding was my thing for a long time so I fit into clothes weird. I have a normal XL but wish I would have gotten the tall because I find it a bit short on my Stratus which is the same jacket but different outer material. I think a Large Tall would be your jam.

I love my stratus set, it gets the most use out of any clothing I own.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
6'2 190 ish. While a Large fits, it's tight in the under arm area and won't layer well for me. A Large-Tall is better but the XL is what I would buy so that I could layer and not feel any constrictions in either under arm or arm length. I prefer a most athletic fit but the XL is just better all around as it's in that category where it is better to have a little more room than too little.

I have a Stratus, 2020 version in XL but I could do a Large but the cut/fit of the Stratus is slightly more loose than the Jetstream, IMO.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6' 185lbs and went XL with the Jetstream but L with the Stratus. Weird but both fit perfectly. I also prefer XL with the core lightweight hoodie.

Cutwater

FNG
Hey there!

I'm about the same size as you, 6-foot even and usually weigh between 175-180lbs. I too had the same question when I was considering the Jetstream. I bit the bullet and ordered both the large and medium sizes. Personally, I found the large to be a bit too baggy for my liking. On the other hand, the medium felt a lot better, although there's a slight caveat: the arms can be a tad short, and when I raise to aim, the sleeves tend to hike up a bit.

However, aside from that minor issue, the medium fits perfectly for me. I've been able to comfortably layer underneath with a merino base layer, a hoody, and even an insulated vest for January birds. My range of motion still feels great too. I've put it to the test in upland, waterfowl, and turkey hunting situations - it's genuinely a solid jacket.

Given that you don't like baggy clothes and based on my experience, I'd recommend you try out the medium size, especially if you're already wearing medium in other Sitka products. The Jetstream does seem a tad more generous in size, but for our build, the medium might just be the sweet spot! Worst case you can always return for the other size if you have the time!

Here's a picture of it open with a base layer on:

Jetstream Front Open.png

Hope this helps!