New Kifaru belt power pull keeps slipping

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey Guys,

This is Frank from Kifaru customer service. Aron is out on another sheep hunting adventure, he will comment on this subject when he is back in cell service.

Colonel's video shows a common cause of the belts not cinching down or catching. As you can see in the video, the straps are traveling through the large common loop on the belt however the straps are not tightening through the slots on the buckles themselves. Two of the main reasons this happens is either there is clothing that is getting caught in the buckle slots preventing it to properly tighten or the user needs larger belt. As Colonel did in the video, you can pull forward on either end of the buckle while pulling the straps to make sure the straps are properly feeding through the buckle to assist them with catching.

Though the majority of folks will fit into our small, medium, or large belts, we can also make in-between sizes (shmedium and marge) if needed.

Feel free to reach out to me with any further questions, I'll be happy to help while Aron is away.

-Frank P.

awesome and hence why we love Kifaru =-). Appreciate you jumping in Frank

OP
M

mauidiver

WKR
Hey Guys,

This is Frank from Kifaru customer service. Aron is out on another sheep hunting adventure, he will comment on this subject when he is back in cell service.

Colonel's video shows a common cause of the belts not cinching down or catching. As you can see in the video, the straps are traveling through the large common loop on the belt however the straps are not tightening through the slots on the buckles themselves. Two of the main reasons this happens is either there is clothing that is getting caught in the buckle slots preventing it to properly tighten or the user needs larger belt. As Colonel did in the video, you can pull forward on either end of the buckle while pulling the straps to make sure the straps are properly feeding through the buckle to assist them with catching.

Though the majority of folks will fit into our small, medium, or large belts, we can also make in-between sizes (shmedium and marge) if needed.

Feel free to reach out to me with any further questions, I'll be happy to help while Aron is away.

-Frank P.

This is good news Frank. Thanks so much for replying. I will call you tomorrow. I will call you first thing in the morning. Is this best time to reach you? Thanks again. Colin

Derek0525

WKR
I have one side that will grab and the other won't if I pull them at the same time the right side tightens and the left side slips but then if I pull the left side again it tightens up I'm guessing it just needs broken in? I haven't really got to use it yet just tried it a few times around the house.

Whisky

WKR
I have issues with both a medium and large belt slipping. According to Kifaru I should be a medium belt. Wear 38 jeans. My medium is original first generation Bikini so I heard there was issues with them. I got a new belt in L size and it improved but still slips.

OP
M

mauidiver

WKR
I left Frank a message early this AM, have not heard back. Guess they are busy. Bummer, I have a 14 day trip in Maui and needed a working belt.

I left Frank a message early this AM, have not heard back. Guess they are busy. Bummer, I have a 14 day trip in Maui and needed a working belt.

Try to call again or pm me your phone number, we have been pretty swamped with a huge amount of orders over the holiday weekend, so we haven't yet had a chance to get to vmails.

Colin, don't give up yet. Those guys are crazy busy after this insane sales weekend. Took me 3 calls to reach Heath today.

OP
M

mauidiver

WKR
Frank was all over it. Got in touch with him and going to try a couple suggestions on my morning hunt. I learn something every time on here. Thanks again for yalls help and patience with my green arse.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
How far around should the belt wrap for a proper fit? Mine comes around my illiac crest a bit. I do get some slipping but not much and my pack is pretty new so I'm not sure I need to do anything. With a 32/33 jean waist size I believe I'd bottom out a medium belt.

OP
M

mauidiver

WKR
How far around should the belt wrap for a proper fit? Mine comes around my illiac crest a bit. I do get some slipping but not much and my pack is pretty new so I'm not sure I need to do anything. With a 32/33 jean waist size I believe I'd bottom out a medium belt.

So I just loaded up about 40lbs, and took dog around the block about a mile. English Bulldog, so not much of a walker, but I tried hunching over with the pack on my back and pulled the power pull straps and it still slipped. Didn't lock in at all. One locked on my right side when I cranked hard, but the left didn't cinch down. The main belt buckle is almost centered with my belly button. The belt wraps around my IC like you said and more. My lumbar pad bottom and bottom of frame sits roughly on my tailbone but always feels like it slides down a little and I'm constantly putting my hand back checking. I let loose the top tention straps (blanking on proper name) and pulled down the shoulder straps until the proper half inch gap at shoulder is there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I just can't make this pack comfortable at all. I'm new to packing yes, but never had any problem at all with the 2015 Exo frame at all. I'm just really tired now and need to sleep in this. This ain't rocket science man!! It's a backpack. Is it Poss that some people these frames just don't work? I wish I had a pro or somebody familiar with these packs to look at my set up. Just don't get it. For all the new guys checking out Kifaru, please don't take what I'm saying as a problem, it's just I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with this. I'll try it in the morning for my morning hunt, and report back then. My hips are sore from cranking down so tight on the belt. When it's not cranked down, it feels like it's slipping.

The main belt buckle is almost centered with my belly button. The belt wraps around my IC like you said and more. My lumbar pad bottom and bottom of frame sits roughly on my tailbone but always feels like it slides down a little and I'm constantly putting my hand back checking.

This seems to be too low. I could be wrong, but I think it should be a bit higher than your tailbone. If you watch the video from Patrick on fitting a pack he says the lumbar pad should be up on your hip shelf and in your lumbar (obviously) and you can see that the buckle is actually below his gut. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJQXDvtWbh8

So I just loaded up about 40lbs, and took dog around the block about a mile. English Bulldog, so not much of a walker, but I tried hunching over with the pack on my back and pulled the power pull straps and it still slipped. Didn't lock in at all. One locked on my right side when I cranked hard, but the left didn't cinch down. The main belt buckle is almost centered with my belly button. The belt wraps around my IC like you said and more. My lumbar pad bottom and bottom of frame sits roughly on my tailbone but always feels like it slides down a little and I'm constantly putting my hand back checking. I let loose the top tention straps (blanking on proper name) and pulled down the shoulder straps until the proper half inch gap at shoulder is there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I just can't make this pack comfortable at all. I'm new to packing yes, but never had any problem at all with the 2015 Exo frame at all. I'm just really tired now and need to sleep in this. This ain't rocket science man!! It's a backpack. Is it Poss that some people these frames just don't work? I wish I had a pro or somebody familiar with these packs to look at my set up. Just don't get it. For all the new guys checking out Kifaru, please don't take what I'm saying as a problem, it's just I'm having a hard time getting comfortable with this. I'll try it in the morning for my morning hunt, and report back then. My hips are sore from cranking down so tight on the belt. When it's not cranked down, it feels like it's slipping.

sorry if i missed it, but what stays do you have in your frame?

Chris Sloan

Lil-Rokslider
Lmao! Dont give up! My new kifaru frame wasnt as simple as the SG and took me a little longer to get set up right. Gave myself a scare as i swapped about a week before a out of state hunt! But i kept messing with it til it got dialed in, no way im comin off that pack now!