New Kifaru K-clips?

I ordered some new Kifaru hardware recently, including a couple of their compression kits. However, when they arrived, I saw that the K-clip has changed. Now there is a bulky (but lightweight) black plastic clip being used. The image on the website still shows the older version. I took a picture so you can see the two side by side. I'm honestly not sold on the new clips - they are significantly bulkier, and a little unappealing in an aesthetic sense in my opinion. Does anyone know what the deal is with these new clips? Does anyone have them and like them? I don't think I would have ordered them if I'd known there was this new model. However, if anyone really likes them, please convince me! This is the first time I haven't liked a piece of Kifaru hardware.

(for the pictures, the massive black clip is the newer one, and the slim gray one is the older version)

Attachments

• IMG_9535.JPG
    IMG_9535.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_9533.JPG
    IMG_9533.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I know this doesn't help with the appealing factor but as far as the metal/plastic durability concern they seem to be fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thanks, Nick. I don't have any concerns about the durability though, and actually that video shows the older version of the clip, not the newer, though I doubt Kifaru would put out any hardware that isn't durable. I'm just wondering about why they would have switched to this new massive clip - are there any benefits over the slimmer gray ones? I've been considering trying to return them for a refund since I'm really not a fan, but I thought maybe there was a compelling reason for the change. I honestly thought, "ugh, what are these?" when I opened the box. It may seem shallow... but, there it is. They also do feel very cheap, but again, it's Kifaru, so I trust them not to use cheap materials. But my *impression* is that they feel and look cheap, even if that's not actually the case. They're also slightly harder to get off the webbing I think, probably because of the thickness.

Last edited:
Shit, sorry man. I dont have either clip. I just seen this video the other day and when I seen your post assumed it was pertaining to your question. As you said, I'm sure kifaru doesn't put out any products without durability in mind. I did read somewhere that if you order a kit with k-clips and specifically ask for the old style in a side note you can get them. Not sure if that still holds true. Again, sorry for the mis-information

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Call anytime

720-937-1418

The quick answer is that these are significantly more durable and easier to get compared to the older version.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

yogr

FNG
I'm not sure if this is part of why they changed, but it seems like they would be easier to manipulate being larger especially if wearing gloves.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would just give me a call right now. It'll be a lot better to get the info from me when compared to posting it on rock slide and getting it from people that didn't design it or go through the testing process.

OP
B
Yeah, sorry, social anxiety means I'm a bit rubbish on the phone. Trying to talk myself into calling!

OP
B
Just as an update, I talked with Aron, got it sorted all out. Thanks to the people who weighed-in and offered me advice, and thanks to Aron for the great customer service.

hflier

WKR
They look a little funny, but they work fine. I noticed no issue in actual use and they seem to be a hair easier to get on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You will need to buy those separately. The packs now come with a polymer k-clip.

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anyone else out there who has a hard time giving up on the old metal K clips? I have an assortment of both metal and plastic and while the plastic are:

-a bit easier to get on and off
-kinder to the webbing
-rumored/confirmed to be stronger

I keep using the metal clips because they're smaller. I also include a new set or two every time I place a Kifaru order out of habit. Am I alone in this or missing another compelling reason to go full polymer?