New LandCruiser

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I had an '88 that I have regretted selling at least a couple times a year since 1998. I bought it new.

I've seen a couple reviews and it sure has piqued my interest, but the problem will be getting one is my guess.

I would have preferred NA, but just maybe a hybrid will work.

As much as I'd like one, I'll hold off until some real world reviews are available and I'm not paying a premium to MSRP.

Eddie

P.S. Last Oct./Nov., I called Toyota and asked about getting on a LC purchase list when they (mentioning my previous ownership) are available around now and the lady pointed to a web site where I signed up for something LC related, but I'm 100% certain it ain't going to help one iota to get me in a new LC anytime soon.

Last edited:

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Ehhh it’s Toyota trying to get more sales out of the name. I own a 200 series and don’t consider it a replacement. The Lexus is the true 300.

Ehhh it’s Toyota trying to get more sales out of the name. I own a 200 series and don’t consider it a replacement. The Lexus is the true 300.
Agree with this comment. I go to Saudi for work and there are “real” LCs still for sale over there. They are everywhere. I wish we could get them here without the Lexus markup. The new LC being marketed in America definitely seems like something different all together.

gearguywb

WKR
I looked at a Lexus they had on the floor for a few days. Really liked the size/features.

I have cash down on a 250 series, but absolutely refuse to pay anything over retail. We will see how it goes.

ODB

WKR
Agree with this comment. I go to Saudi for work and there are “real” LCs still for sale over there. They are everywhere. I wish we could get them here without the Lexus markup. The new LC being marketed in America definitely seems like something different all together.

You ever been to Kenya? Man you can go to the smallest of the small towns and they are crawling with land cruisers and land rovers. From the dog catcher to the town council. Amazing. The first time I was ever truly car jealous.

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
You ever been to Kenya? Man you can go to the smallest of the small towns and they are crawling with land cruisers and land rovers. From the dog catcher to the town council. Amazing. The first time I was ever truly car jealous.
Same with Australia; damn near every one of them is tricked out and ready for time in the outback. It’s like an entire continent decided to have awesome 4x4 culture.

UncleBone

WKR
I agree. We will see what availability and sticker price is. I talked with the nearest dealer and it sounds like most of the new Lexus are spoken for there…
The overtrail trim starts at around 77k according to car and driver. That seems expensive, but has all the off road bells and whistles you need in a brand new SUV. Hopefully you get your hands on one!!

I wanted one, until they announced 4 cylinders. I hope this thing 💩s the bed & Toyota is forced to also offer the 6 cylinder that the GX has. The GX is a better car in all categories IMO. Are people really going to pay $70k+ for a completely load 4 cylinder? I sure as heck wouldn’t. This may have been Toyotas biggest “swing and miss” in a long while. Time will tell I guess. Not at all impressed.

Dogone

FNG
I have used them in Egypt, they were everywhere. Here in Canada I had two with diesels . An 84 with 4 cylinder and 92 with 6 cylinder. Awesome and tough.
Talked to dealer last week about the new model. They may get two in about three months. No diesel in Canada. The kid salesman had no idea what an incredible vehicle they are.