NEW m2...

Beer_Me

FNG
I have a 12g optifade m2 that's been my go to for years. Wouldn't mind picking up a 20g to compliment. The fore end looks sleeker in the updated version, I'll have to try it out next time I'm in a gun store.

Wheels

WKR
I thought the M2 was already the perfect gun, no reason to change it. I guess they needed a reason to raise the price, hopefully it doesn't shoot high and left like the SBE3.

You can get a franchi affinity for 750 dollars. I don’t think I could justify close to double for the M2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noreaster

FNG
Figures I saw the announcement of it at SHOT show right after I bought another M2, but I guess atleast I can swap parts still if I need to

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
20 years ago I bought an m1 over other more affordable shotguns. It now has more than 10,000 shells through it and still runs great. I’ve replaced the recoil spring once. Buy once cry once.

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
New ones look like crap and is way overpriced for what it is.....A gun like that should be $700-$800 tops. Not that they aren't reliable and yada yada but you are paying the extra $400 for the name plain and simple.

Noreaster

FNG
New ones look like crap and is way overpriced for what it is.....A gun like that should be $700-$800 tops. Not that they aren't reliable and yada yada but you are paying the extra $400 for the name plain and simple.
Way over priced? The prices Ive seen for the new ones are actually cheaper than what the previous model sold for
I could see being called overpriced if it was in the ballpark of the SBE3s

Way over priced? The prices Ive seen for the new ones are actually cheaper than what the previous model sold for

I think what he is saying is that there is nothing about this gun that makes it $400 better than inertia guns that are much less expensive. Hard to justify the cost besides the name with some of the other options out there that are at least as reliable and proven longevity.

Reactions: WCB

OMB

WKR
I think what he is saying is that there is nothing about this gun that makes it $400 better than inertia guns that are much less expensive. Hard to justify the cost besides the name with some of the other options out there that are at least as reliable and proven longevity.

I noticed they updated the Montefeltro as well and I'm struggling to see where $300-400 in upgrades came from while also making the lines of the stock uglier. Good opportunity to buy the previous model at a discount right now though.

WCB

WKR

Cuttiebrownbow hit it on the head...It is a bolt with buffer tube essentially wrapped in molded plastic. It is a new production Beretta 303/302/390 etc. a bolt with a spring in the stalk nothing new...Same as the NEW Browning A5 (which is beyond overpriced). I've shot them both including the M1 and they all feel fine and shoot like a shotgun...great. So does a Winchester SX4 and a Stoeger for hundreds less. The older model was also overpriced.

Why is a Stoeger Barrel $180-$240 while a M2 barrel is $450-$550. Because it is labeled Benelli.