New Marsupial Harness?

TheTone

WKR
I’m in the same boat of wanting to know more. I was actually going to order one today but then saw Aron’s Instagram story about the new one. I’m not as concerned about the magnets and navigation but am curious about the new one

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping for a 4th of July sale and i was going to order, if they didn't have a sale i was going to order next week, like you i'm not too worried about the magnets but want to wait to see what the new model looks like.

Kostrize

WKR
I’m pretty excited for what they’ve come up with. Two great design minds. Very happy with my Marsupial enclosed but I’d like a non magnetic option

TheTone

WKR
I hope closer to late august. Aaron just posted a version on his Instagram, looks good! I’m going to wait for one

OP
Kramer588

Kramer588

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the video Aaron posted, looks about the same but they added a small bungee cord that holds the lid shut instead of the magnets, very similar to the system on the Kuiu pro harness. I ended up buying one from Gohunt on sale, i dont think ill regret it since i dont use a compass.

Blackcow

WKR
I just got one of the non magnet harnesses a couple days ago. I messed with it a bit, put it back in the box and mailed it back today. So unlike the KUIU or the ADAK, the shock cord is open. It’s attached at through an arrow across the top of the flap, down to a cord lock low on both sides. When you open it, the cord rubs the sides of the harness and makes noise. A few times, the cord on one side slid past and the other side snagged on the top of the harness, and when it came free it popped on the cord yea on the side of the harness. Like snapping it with a rubber band, if that makes sense. Otherwise the harness and top flap is the same as the magnet one. Thanks f they ever decide to run the bungee inside the fabric on the sides and have it pop out low into a cord clamp for adjustment, i’d buy it. But for now, the noise and possibility of the shock cord snagging on brush is a no for me.

MSU_19

FNG
I just got one of the non magnet harnesses a couple days ago. I messed with it a bit, put it back in the box and mailed it back today. So unlike the KUIU or the ADAK, the shock cord is open. It’s attached at through an arrow across the top of the flap, down to a cord lock low on both sides. When you open it, the cord rubs the sides of the harness and makes noise. A few times, the cord on one side slid past and the other side snagged on the top of the harness, and when it came free it popped on the cord yea on the side of the harness. Like snapping it with a rubber band, if that makes sense. Otherwise the harness and top flap is the same as the magnet one. Thanks f they ever decide to run the bungee inside the fabric on the sides and have it pop out low into a cord clamp for adjustment, i’d buy it. But for now, the noise and possibility of the shock cord snagging on brush is a no for me.
I ordered one a few days ago and my expectations just dropped significantly after your review. ADAK has been selling on camofire for $75 I think so for double the price I hope I have better results than you did.

MSU_19

FNG
You may really like it. Give it a shot. You’re opinion may end up the total opposite of mine!
Can't say I like it too much either, debating returning it and getting an ADAK for half the price. The bungee cord either catches on my windicator and won't open, or catches on it and will make a loud snapping noise. Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Blackcow

WKR
I didn’t want to put the thought in your head before you received it, but that was my experience too. Sure it would be an easy fix for them though. Run it inside the stretch material on the sides, anchor one end, have the other pop out and into a cord clamp to adjust the tension. I said that earlier, cause hopefully they’re listening….

MSU_19

FNG
I didn’t want to put the thought in your head before you received it, but that was my experience too. Sure it would be an easy fix for them though. Run it inside the stretch material on the sides, anchor one end, have the other pop out and into a cord clamp to adjust the tension. I said that earlier, cause hopefully they’re listening….
Seems like they tried to rush it to production instead of getting it dialed in first. I thought taking wind checker out would help but now the pocket is stretched out and it snags on that every single time. What harness are you running? I’m debating between the adak, kuiu, or potentially just settling for the magnet version to get rid of the cords. Wasn’t sure if you had any experience with these.

Blackcow

WKR
All of them, plus the Alaska guide( a few models) and the outdoor vision. I like the marsupial cause it’s made here and I’m an Az boy, don’t like the magnets tho. I have an ADAK, and I’ll probably use it. It’s quiet, the stretch pockets aren’t the easiest to use. The KUIU pro is also a good no magnet. I liked the one I had better than the ADAK, not sure why I sold it but I did. Alaska guide is good, not a fan of the backwards opening lid, and don’t need to put half my pack in my bino harness. Confused? Lol. So, I’ll keep using the quiet adak, sell my magnet marsupial or give it to my kid, and wait and see if they redo the bungee one.