New Maven RS.5 4-24x50

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
RS5_01_1000x.jpg

LINK

I am very interested in this new scope from Maven. Near perfect magnification range for my 6.5-300 WBY

"Second focal plane both MOA and MIL reticle options, illuminated reticles, side parallax adjustment, robust dial-to-shoot elevation turret, capped windage turret, and mechanical zero stop"

I only wish they would offer a simple duplex reticle

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you want to shoot long range with your 6.5-300, why do you want a Duplex reticle? That's probably the worst choice for a long range reticle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
mylsuhat

mylsuhat

Lil-Rokslider
I just personally like the clean field of view. If I have the option to dial in the appropriate MOA I would rather do that than adjust on the reticle

Rob5589

WKR
I like the reticle, specifically the center dot. I don't find 24x to be necessary on a hunting scope but, personal preference. @Ryan Avery has a post on the 'Gram about this scope. Looks like he'll be posting some info on it soon.

JakeSCH

WKR
Looks like a solid scope, it will be interesting to see where they price it at. Though I would prefer they did a refresh of the RS.1 with one of their newer reticles and elevation turrets.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
Just when I had made my mind to buy a Zeiss V6 this comes along and makes me not know what to do all over again. This looks like a great option for a hunting scope.

JakeSCH

WKR
Shot this scope for the first time today on my 300WM. So far it left a good impression, I would say the only downside is how much the eye box shrinks above 20x. I really like the SHR-W reticle as well, my new favorite.

Terry300

FNG
Just when I had made my mind to buy a Zeiss V6 this comes along and makes me not know what to do all over again. This looks like a great option for a hunting scope.
I hear ya..But you won't be disappointed with the v6 for sure they are pretty impressive.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
This scope would be perfect (for me) if it topped out at 18x. I struggle a little bit with SFP at that higher power - mainly because I can’t see shooting any reasonable distance above 16-18x.

Maybe that isn’t a big deal because shooting longer range with 24x and using the reticle isn’t something that would be happening under a normal hunting scenario.

Curious to hear from anyone else who is experience with this scope now that it has been out a bit. I’ve read Ryan’s comments about beating the crap out of this thing and it certainly seems reliable by all accounts.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
So far I am extremely happy with mine. I haven't shot it a ton at distance but have done a fair amount of load development with it on my rifles. Glass is superb, turrets are solid, zero stop is legit. Personally this has been the hunting optic I've waited years for. I have always wondered when someone was going to make a 4-20 or 4-24 hunting optic. I have been doing a lot of timber crashing lately and the scope holds zero looks new and keeps on keeping on. As of right now its leaps and bounds ahead of my VX6HD I had last year. My smith is a huge zeiss V6 guy and he was super impressed with the RS5. "I think I might have to get one of those and definitely will be recommending them to other clients."
I'll let you know in a few more weeks how it held up to its first hunting season with "Crash it Calli" :ROFLMAO:

Flyjunky

WKR
So far I am extremely happy with mine. I haven't shot it a ton at distance but have done a fair amount of load development with it on my rifles. Glass is superb, turrets are solid, zero stop is legit. Personally this has been the hunting optic I've waited years for. I have always wondered when someone was going to make a 4-20 or 4-24 hunting optic. I have been doing a lot of timber crashing lately and the scope holds zero looks new and keeps on keeping on. As of right now its leaps and bounds ahead of my VX6HD I had last year. My smith is a huge zeiss V6 guy and he was super impressed with the RS5. "I think I might have to get one of those and definitely will be recommending them to other clients."
I'll let you know in a few more weeks how it held up to its first hunting season with "Crash it Calli" :ROFLMAO:
How did the scope do during season?

Any comments on low light ability and also what do you think of the reticle? Have you used it at long range and was the center dot small enough at high power to not cover up to much of the target?

Any negatives? Is spending another $1000 worth it?

This scope is on my list with the nx8 4-32, atacr 4-20, and possibly the MK5 but I want more on the high end than 18.

JakeSCH

WKR

Any comments on low light ability and also what do you think of the reticle? Have you used it at long range and was the center dot small enough at high power to not cover up to much of the target?

This scope is on my list with the nx8 4-32, atacr 4-20, and possibly the MK5 but I want more on the high end than 18.

Mine was extremely solid this season on my 338 RUM. Shot about 200 rounds without losing zero and took it to 1000y. I think the reticle is great and a great scope for the price.

I now have 3 of them.

Flyjunky

WKR
Mine was extremely solid this season on my 338 RUM. Shot about 200 rounds without losing zero and took it to 1000y. I think the reticle is great and a great scope for the price.

I now have 3 of them.
Thank you!

@Ryan Avery , anything to add on this scope? How was the reliability?

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider

I have no complaints it’s been an awesome scope. Shot a doe at 627 yards with it. It tracks great holds zero and the glass is super. The dot doesn’t impede the target at all. It’ll continue to live on my 28 nosler unless I manage to break it. 😂

Will83

FNG
In what ways is it better than the vx6hd? Low light and eye box comparison please. I was really set on a vx6hd, but you now have me rethinking because of the price point. TIA.

MTRaine

Lil-Rokslider
In what ways is it better than the vx6hd? Low light and eye box comparison please. I was really set on a vx6hd, but you now have me rethinking because of the price point. TIA.
Better tracking, more durable. I definitely like the ergonomics of it more. I think the low light performance and glass clarity is better. The eyebox is more finicky but honestly I have my rifle fit dialed so it’s a non issue for me. I throw it up and it’s just there ready to rock.