New member from TN

New member here from the Nashville area. Lifelong hunter but getting the bug for more backcountry hunting adventure. Seems like half my google searches on hunting topics ended up on Rokslide. I look forward to learning and participating here.

Last edited:
OP
volunteerconservationist
Any houndsmen in the area per chance?
I'm not a dog man (except my duck hunting pals have a couple of labs)...when you ask about houndsman.....as in tracking bears? Coon dogs? I don't have coon hunting experience nor experience bear hunting in E TN with hounds. Although I'd love to bear hunt that way. Its a pretty insular fraternity in my experience.

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not a dog man (except my duck hunting pals have a couple of labs)...when you ask about houndsman.....as in tracking bears? Coon dogs? I don't have coon hunting experience nor experience bear hunting in E TN with hounds. Although I'd love to bear hunt that way. Its a pretty insular fraternity in my experience.

Bear hounds although there's plenty of opportunities for feral hogs, Me and a friend of mine did a hunt in east tennessee for first and second rifle season this year I let a small one walk. Next year now that I know what I'm getting into as far as the area goes I plan on taking horses and want to try and get a few dogs started finding a couple more folks interested in getting some dogs and that could commit to hitting the training seasons and put in some miles would be pretty cool it seems it can be made pretty family friendly which is a big plus.
I've never done bear hounds but do allot with the ranch type herders and catch dogs I have a shepherd that I've keyed in on squirrel and blood trailing my wife would kill me if I brought home a hound pack but I think I could get away with two more dogs and I can pack the shepherd in there she'll key in once she knows what the game is.

Last edited:

jwhjwh54

FNG
Same here. Nashville resident hunting in Alabama. Google searches kept me reading here and decided to join!

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y'all, I just recently moved to the Nashville area too, Franklin, specifically. Anyone want to meet up sometime? I'm wanting to try my luck in the nearby WMAs and would like some company!

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y'all, I just recently moved to the Nashville area too, Franklin, specifically. Anyone want to meet up sometime? I'm wanting to try my luck in the nearby WMAs and would like some company!

What are You chasing?

dboone3

Lil-Rokslider
What are You chasing?

I'm just getting into archery, so once my bow arrives I will be after deer primarily. I'll do small game like squirrels, rabbits, and such too.

I'd be happy to hunt just about anything. I don't have prior experience with things like waterfowl, but that's something I'd like to give a shot.

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just getting into archery, so once my bow arrives I will be after deer primarily. I'll do small game like squirrels, rabbits, and such too.

I'd be happy to hunt just about anything. I don't have prior experience with things like waterfowl, but that's something I'd like to give a shot.

I'll get in on some squirrels and rabbits for sure.