New Mexico gun ban

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
So I looked for a thread on RS about the temporary ban on guns in New Mexico and was surprised there wasn't one already.
Governor Video

AP News coverage
There's no way this holds up in court and personally I'm surprised this governor was elected twice in New Mexico.

Anyone believe this will stick? Anyone from New Mexico care to share thoughts?

There's one way to put an end to BS stunts like this. Local LEO's need to show up at the Gov mansion & arrest her commie ass for violating her oath to the constitution. Then file a class action suit on behalf of every NM citizen & sue her into oblivion. It's time the non commies started using lawfare like they do. I appreciate that a sheriff or 2 has said they won't enforce it but there need to be consequences, or this will happen again somewhere else.

505Wapiti

WKR
It’s really sad that the people here in this state keep buying the leftist lies. Beautiful state with a lot of good people, unfortunately the idiots outnumber. Her emergency order is the most asinine thing I think I’ve seen so far.

HOT ROD

WKR
They are playing the long game take a little here and a little later... Its just a matter of time before they get them unless some thing drastically changes in the near future

Sheriff came out and stated he won’t enforce it.

Good for him, we need that woman out but a replacement isn’t likely to be much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are the type of sheriff we need.

“Wisten to the whythmic whythm of the woodwinds as it wowws awound and awound…and it comes out here!” — Elmer Fudd

Stalker69

WKR
They will not stop until they have taken your guns away. WILL NO STOP......
Well I'll be, my post got removed guess you can't call someone a girl dog. Any way, if she doesn't get sued and dethroned, many more will follow suite. Sad to see our rights trying to be taken away on a constant basis. She needs to be removed from office, she is to stand up for the constitution, she agreed to up hold it. And now this. Is that better, moderator? Wasn't aware that wasn't admissible, sorry.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
Well I'll be, my post got removed guess you can't call someone a girl dog. Any way, if she doesn't get sued and dethroned, many more will follow suite. Sad to see our rights trying to be taken away on a constant basis. She needs to be removed from office, she is stand up for the constitution, she agreed to up hold it. And now this. Is that better, moderator? Wasn't aware that wasn't admissible, sorry.
It’s 5:00 somewhere….

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Have said it before will say it again, New Mexico is a great state to leave.
5th Generation New Mexican. Left for many years and for some reason returned to the Land of Entrapment and bought a business. Not my smartest decision to lock myself in but it has some redeeming qualities - just stay out of Albuquerque... Two murders since she did this - I guess those people didn't get the memo.

gabenzeke

WKR
I knew with the emergency powers that came from COVID that stuff like this was bound to happen. Fortunately sheriffs and the AG won't stand for it there. But you can bet other states will try it and have more success in the very near future.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk