New Mexico gun ban

Politicians need to be seen doing something about gun violence. I don’t blame them but ban’s don’t work and doubtful the ban is legal.
@19,000 kids killed or wounded per year.
more often than it is parents not keeping loaded guns away from kids.
my wife’s cousin was sleeping in bed with a granddaughter and her grandson found a loaded handgun and came in and shot his sister in the head. He was @6 years old.

Attacking gun ownership has nothing to do with gun violence.

Attacking the inputs of violence has everything to do with gun violence.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
There's one way to put an end to BS stunts like this. Local LEO's need to show up at the Gov mansion & arrest her commie ass for violating her oath to the constitution. Then file a class action suit on behalf of every NM citizen & sue her into oblivion. It's time the non commies started using lawfare like they do. I appreciate that a sheriff or 2 has said they won't enforce it but there need to be consequences, or this will happen again somewhere else.
That ain't how sheriff's work, bud. You may want that to happen, but a county sheriff doesn't have that kind of authority.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

49ereric

WKR
Attacking gun ownership has nothing to do with gun violence.

Attacking the inputs of violence has everything to do with gun violence.
She wasn’t attacking gun ownership.
Just a profoundly stupid temporary ban on the right to carry.
An unconstitutional temporary ban.

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Why would anyone care? If I lived there I would carry anyway. The Sheriff said they won't enforce it. I lived in Albuquerque for a couple years in the early 90's. It was a shit hole then. I wonder if the open border policy has made it worse.
Yes, it has. And the liberal mayor who is soft on crime and who shut down a park that contained the homeless caused them to scatter all over. My office is in Albuquerque but I live in the East Mountains so I get no say in the mayor and his idiot politics. Nor do I get a say in the judges who have a revolving door system here. It's far worse than it was in the 90's.

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
This is the problem in NM and many other places: “I can invoke additional powers, no constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute." Michelle Lujan Grisham

Ratbeetle

WKR
baloney. I been hearing about banning guns since the “Saturday special” craze in the late 70’s and nothing has occurred.
Nothing has occurred? LOL. So there have been no firearms bans or legislation restricting firearms since the 70s?

49ereric

WKR
Nothing has occurred? LOL. So there have been no firearms bans or legislation restricting firearms since the 70s?
I should have been more clear as to what I meant.
2nd Amendment still stands.
state gun laws have been losing in the Supreme Court but many more to strike down.
mn firearm laws have more restrictions but I have no problem with getting a permit to carry or permit to purchase a hand gun so called assault rifle.

Among the changes is a new state law that requires that people undergo background checks when buying or receiving pistols or semi-automatic military-style assault weapons. Previously, Minnesota did not require background checks for private party transfers.

this doesn’t bother me either.
To many felons or domestic abuse offenders with guns already.

I have no problem with getting a permit to carry or permit to purchase a hand gun so called assault rifle.

So, you have no problem with gov't being involved with gun ownership?

If you don't think a power hungry governor is attacking gun ownership by attempting to nullify a SCOTUS decision, then I can understand how you don't know how to spell bologna...

gabenzeke

WKR

If you don't think a power hungry governor is attacking gun ownership by attempting to nullify a SCOTUS decision, then I can understand how you don't know how to spell bologna...
Never understood people that think they still have a right even if they have to ask the crown for permission.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

That ain't how sheriff's work, bud. You may want that to happen, but a county sheriff doesn't have that kind of authority.
A governor making unConsitutional decrees "ain't how governors work" either; but she did.

Arrest her anyway. Throw her in jail. She can "tell it to the judge" like would be told to any lowly subject "wrongly" arrested .

If it weren't only september I'd say arrest her on Jan 6.

49ereric

WKR

The constitution set up government.
IMG_7631.jpeg

Last edited: