New Nemo Tensor Ultralight Durability

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any durability issues with the Nemo Insulated Tensor Ultralight pads? I searched the forum but didn’t find anything. I’m trying to decide between it and the Thermarest NeoAir Xlite. Some of the reviews for the Tensor say it’s not very durable.

Vaultman

WKR
Watching. I just started looking at these two pads this evening, and thought I should search the Rok. Crazy your post was at the top of the list.

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
My regular tensor popped a hole the first night out. My dog and I both eyed the pad at the same time. Not sure if it was a claw or my knee on the sleeping bag zipper....either way, Nemo replaced it. I've been using it now for about 2 years without issue. The regular tensor is about at "light weight" as I'd be willing to go. YMMV

*Looks like Nemo no longer offers the standard tensor or changed name to ultralight/ alpine ultralight🤷

I have the Nemo longbow and like it a lot so far. I’ve only used it a couple times but it is very warm but a little heavier than the tensor. I typically flip around side to side and found it to be plenty comfortable and seemed durable, I don’t have any issues with it. I typically would use a tall pad at 6’4” but have the regular size and use my glassing pad under my feet which works fine and saves a couple oz and space. This is my first pad with the fill sack thing and thought was pretty good, filled it quickly and easily. Another option to consider anyway…

Last edited:
OP
U

UTJL

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice! I’m a side sleeper and I’d toss quite a bit so the added comfort is worth the weight to me. Is the Tensor noticeably quieter as well?

I got a puncture in my Tensor like second night out. I was in a floorless shelter in a burn during a wind storm. It was one hell of a night. I believe a tarp stake pulled out but hung up in tarp loop. Said stake flopping in the wind and put hole in foot of pad.

I fixed hole with sealer and used it all last year, about 20 nights out, with no issue.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used the standard (gray) Tensor a lot, as well as the Tensor Alpine (orange) a ton. Both have been extremely durable and reliable with "normal" precautions on my part.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I have the tensor alpine and have not had an issue in 2 seasons. I typically don't go floorless though until winter camping and then I'm on a cot, tyvek sheet or tarp. I also have a sea-to-summit Ether light XT insulated which is more comfortable, but out of the 2 the Tensor feels more durable and has a higher R-value.

River1313

FNG
Looks like there is a new Nemo Tensor with higher r value. Hopefully they improved on durability.