new pack frame

Floorguy

WKR
Well new to me at least, definitely not new. I went to a pawn shop that is closing up and was looking around and found something awesome. Its a World War II US Army Yukon Packboard, its very similar to the old Trapper Nelsons. I have a black bear hide that I had tanned and wasn't really sure what I was going to do with it so I am going to lask it to the pack board and hang it up.

I will get pics up later.

Stid2677

WKR
I like them done like that. I have seen some with the head and feet mounted to look like they are still in the hide.

Here is my sheep

IMGP2861.jpg

Might do one like this, saved the lower teeth from my last Ram, but had it shoulder mounted instead.

photo-12_zps5669db36.jpg

bbrown

WKR
Huh - that's a cool idea. Gonna have to keep my eye out for one of those. Where is the best place to look?

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
Here are a couple quick pics I took I am gonna re do it. The packboard was buried under a half dozen jansport externals and had some cheap nylon bag lashed to it I pulled it out and thought it might be a trapper nelson. After going home and googling it I found out it was the Army Yukon packboard and decided to go back and get it. I had seen one of the pics Stid posted and that's how I got the idea for the bear. It was originally priced at $70 I got it for $35.