New Packs from Kifaru 2024

prm

WKR
25” frame, medium belt is 3.09 lbs. Roughly 2oz heavier than listed frame weight of K4 ( not sure of belt or frame height used). They are pretty close regardless.

This does not have the thin extensions of the Kuiu. Looks essentially indestructible.

ljalberta

WKR
I like the looks of it. Addresses a bunch of my issues with the previous gen of Kifaru frames. I think the foam upgrades will be excellent. They don't have any bags that tickle my fancy at the moment, but if they release some compelling options, I may be enticed to give it a test in 2025 once others have put it through the paces.

fatlander

WKR
Very different. I never had an issue with my Kuiu, but those parts sticking up made me be a little careful.
View attachment 662971View attachment 662979

Made in USA, 25” . . . Getting warmer

f16abf6383c3895946227fd777a8b8c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been using the ARK frame for quite a few months now. Prior to that I’ve always carried a tactical frame. The ARK frame carries loads in the sub 70lb range very well. Well built, very strong and the new foams used in the shoulder straps, lumbar pad and waist belt seem to be a significant improvement.

prm

WKR
Website says ARK works with ”most” older bags. Wonder if any current bags are not compatible? I’ve wanted to try a Hellbender or go back to a Stryker XL.
Has anyone heard if there will be new bags specific to this frame soon? Seems like some material where the load lifters attach would be removed and they would attach direct to frame.

PvilleMac

FNG
I’ve been using the ARK frame for quite a few months now. Prior to that I’ve always carried a tactical frame. The ARK frame carries loads in the sub 70lb range very well. Well built, very strong and the new foams used in the shoulder straps, lumbar pad and waist belt seem to be a significant improvement.
I feel like the next question is how does it feel 70+ pounds?

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
125% of the cost of an Exo frame, 120% compared to Kuiu (which go on sale way more), and 120% compared to SG. Is this frame going to blow away the competition enough to make up for the price difference? I have my doubts. I love my Kifaru that I got on 40% discount because they didn't like selling America's away colors any more, but my Kuiu is still my daily driver at around half the sticker cost of a Kifaru. It seems like the Exo K4 sold like hot cakes, can Kifaru really keep up at this price point??

prm

WKR
125% of the cost of an Exo frame, 120% compared to Kuiu (which go on sale way more), and 120% compared to SG. Is this frame going to blow away the competition enough to make up for the price difference? I have my doubts. I love my Kifaru that I got on 40% discount because they didn't like selling America's away colors any more, but my Kuiu is still my daily driver at around half the sticker cost of a Kifaru. It seems like the Exo K4 sold like hot cakes, can Kifaru really keep up at this price point??
Kifaru is stretching the pricing for sure. The market will decide. It will take some solid real world feedback to begin to consider.

PvilleMac

FNG
Kifaru has always been more expensive than competitors. American made costs more, thats just the way it is. If this frame is berry compliant that could explain it.

Edit: is it worth it? Thats for the individual/market to decide

As mentioned, what about those big loads! That’s where the rubber meets the road and separates the competition.

I got my ARK frame after moose season. Which is unfortunate. I would’ve liked to have given the pack a more thorough field test, while packing this years’ bull. So far, I’ve only used the pack on fitness hikes. Generally, 3 times a week. For weight I throw my 70# MTI sand bag (filled w/ pellets) into the pack bag. Based on my experience, it carries the weight I’ve put on the frame really well. I haven’t carried more than 70 lbs…..so I’ll refrain from speculating, or commenting, on how the pack will carry with weight, above what I’ve actually done.

Website says ARK works with ”most” older bags. Wonder if any current bags are not compatible? I’ve wanted to try a Hellbender or go back to a Stryker XL.
Kifaru is responding to people on Facebook saying all old bags will fit the ARK Frame. Also claiming the ARK is 20% lighter and stronger. Based on the listed weight(3.09#) for a 25" ARK compared to a 26" Lite Frame, the weight savings(7oz) sounds accurate. Strength is obviously TBD but I'm eager to read some reviews. I'm guessing they tested it with 70lbs+ but I'll wait to hear from some 3rd parties.

Kifaru has always been more expensive than competitors. American made costs more, thats just the way it is. If this frame is berry compliant that could explain it.

Edit: is it worth it? Thats for the individual/market to decide
the issue is exo is also 100% made in America. So exo has figured it out and also ships with 24- 48 hours. Exo does so by staying small and stream lines and only sells packs and seems to be doing it better then their competition.

wnelson14

WKR
the issue is exo is also 100% made in America. So exo has figured it out and also ships with 24- 48 hours. Exo does so by staying small and stream lines and only sells packs and seems to be doing it better then their competition.
This x 1000. They have it figured out, wouldn’t want to be another hunting pack company for the foreseeable future.