New Peax sleeping bag

At first glance it looks like the sitka sleeping bag but in down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S.Clancy

WKR
Yea, I don't get it. You can get alot more sleeping bag for less weight and less money. Nemo did this with sleeping bags like 5-8 yrs ago. Just goes to show that the "hunting" companies are a minimum of a decade (sometimes multiple decades) behind the backpacking/mountaineering companies. All these "hunting" companies are just taking advantage of idiots, IMO.

rcb2000

WKR
Yeah thats a hard pass.
Unless you sleep on your back the whole night and never toss and turn, this would be miserable.

I'll give my money to companies like Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends, for quality products made in the USA. If a company like these two can make a quality product for $600 using American Labor,, how can a company like PEAX charge the same for some 14 year old in China to make it??
You can't tell me they are using more expensive materials than those two,,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 3.52.16 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 3.52.16 PM 1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 3.53.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 3.53.35 PM.png
    693.7 KB · Views: 123
Yeah thats a hard pass.
Unless you sleep on your back the whole night and never toss and turn, this would be miserable.

I'll give my money to companies like Western Mountaineering, Feathered Friends, for quality products made in the USA. If a company like these two can make a quality product for $600 using American Labor,, how can a company like PEAX charge the same for some 14 year old in China to make it??
You can't tell me they are using more expensive materials than those two,,
And to top it of, I just read a post on the Gram from Peaks saying its better than the other two USA made sleeping bags, referring to FF and WM. I try to keep my negative comments to myself, but wow I wanted to respond badly to that as that's a bold statement.

If you don’t want to pay for one of the 2 American made sleeping bags this is the only other option IMO. They can be had for sub $300 regularly and the specs are really good. I can’t imagine paying 2-3x more for another Chinese bag that some hunting company threw their logo on.

If you don’t want to pay for one of the 2 American made sleeping bags this is the only other option IMO. They can be had for sub $300 regularly and the specs are really good. I can’t imagine paying 2-3x more for another Chinese bag that some hunting company threw their logo on.
Agreed!

I like they offer different sizes. Thats my one complaint with Stone Glacier Chilkoot. Great specs, but I'll be honest it's a hair heavier than I would like, and the $625 price tag seems steep. That price is on par with Western Mountaineering bags.
I have a stone glacier bag it’s nice but my wife’s nemo bag has same similar specs and was half the cost.

Odd1out

FNG
Anyone have suggestions for a regular wide bag thats cheaper?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

And this one has same features as the Peaks for half price.

And this one has same features as the Peaks for half price.
I’ve had my Sierra Designs bag for a couple of years now and have been incredibly happy with it. I kept saying I was going to buy a WM or FF but I haven’t found a good reason to yet

I have to give credit to Peax for some genius marketing. They’ve continually rebranded items and marked them up a bunch and gotten away with it.

I actually like the design. Speaking to design materials and features I think this bag is doing something others do not.
I have a Stone Glacier Chilkoot 15. It’s fantastic and actually too hot most of the time. This bag replaced a Kelty Trail logic SB 20 degree that I convinced myself to buy based on spec comparison. It does ok but any breeze and I was freezing. On a sleeping bag an outer shell that cuts or blocks wind has a purpose you just don’t realize that until you need it. Couldn’t be happier I replaced the kelty. I was also considering Marmot and Sierra designs at the time.
This past year I bought the Sitka aerolite 30 and used it all of September (around 20 nights), I was extremely happy with the center zip, arm holes, and the hood worked way better. The bag moves with me instead of me having to move inside the bag and make it work.
I don’t have plans to change from the Sitka (synthetic) and Stone Glacier because they fit my needs and have different use applications.

The Peax is essentially a combo with the center zip, arm holes, and hood from Sitka (or others like SD) and the SG Chilkoot with amount of down, foot box, outer fabric that blocks wind. From that aspect I expect it functions extremely well.
The arm holes and ability to stay in the bag while eating and getting ready is huge. Each of my friends that hunted with me this year were so pissed they had to get out of their bags while I sat up in mine and stayed warm.

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
Clearly the Peax is a great bag; a bunch of people with that got the bags for free, are paid to use them and/or have financial interest in the company are saying so

I think B Call and Peax are pretty slimey, but Peax has had some novel designs. I appreicated their tipi, but their price points for chinesium are ridiculous.

Their business scheme is to price as high as American made brands, with similar designs, but then outsource production overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk