New Schmidt and Bender Meta 3-18x42

Macintosh

WKR
I think Id prefer their p3 or p4 reticle and ffp on an 18x scope if for no other reason than holding wind, but I’ll bet its a nice scope.

Jbuck

FNG
Glad they are working on hunting rifles. I'm going to nitpick but the turret is too tall and will snag on my pack straps and whatnot. 18x is not worth it over 15x if it means it fish-eyes at lower power like the review says.

matagouri

FNG

Theres a favourable review at the end of this thread......

6.5x284

WKR
I’ve been watching this scope for years. Reticle was a big let down for holding wind. I wouldn’t pay that money unless it checked all my boxes and it sadly missed some. Would still like to play with one sometime! Bet it’s amazing to look through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCMCUBIC

WKR
It's more X's than I need, but I could live with that. Like others, FFP and a measured hunting reticle are what I would like in it.

IIRC, these came out sometime back. I have been in contact with S&B via emails about an FFP version; they say it is in the works. I feel like all of the euro scope companies are offering a comparable model, and all in SFP.

I’ve had the meta on back order from optics planet for eight months now. Don’t think I’ll ever see it at this point. But who knows. I was in it for the glass quality and 18 times magnification for Identification purposes.