New Scope or Lightweight Rifle

My light 6.5 SAUM will be done in a few months looking at scope racking my brain. I have a Zeiss v6 3-18x50 with exposed currents on my 280ai. I just put it on as was a deal couldn't pass up but no real time to really play with it. Trying to decide if ai go that route again or move to the capped version or look at the Leupold vx6 3-18x44 with a tmoa reticle. Is there that much difference between the vx hd and the standard models or maybe stick with the Zeiss? its going to be my light backpack gun and at 49 I find myself trying to lighten the load. thnx

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
I have the vx6 hd and the glass is great. I have the 4 to 24 by 52. I actually have two and am selling one right now just because I want to get the mark 5 3 to 18 by 44 for my light weight hunting rig. The weight isn’t a huge difference but the Overall size more. But the vx6 hd glass is pretty tough to beat. Not speaking about the turret system there are a lot of mixed reviews about them.

Bater

WKR
I’d suggest a V4 4-16 to shed some ounces and still dial elevation, or 3-12 with MOA reticle as a capped option using the windshield for holds

bigbulls

Lil-Rokslider
I would stay with the Zeiss if you want to dial, I have 3 of them, but I also have 2 Leupold for other uses and there good scopes they just need to be sent back every once an a while to replace the erector so they dial right, just got the second one back last week.

OP
B
Wow thanks for the heads up on he Leupold I will have to double check the v4 conquest again for some reason I read they were actually heavier then the v6 3-18. Thanks guys