New Sig Cross .308!!

Jpr778

FNG
Just picked up an Sig Cross in 308 today. My local shop had it for 20% off and I have wanted one since they came out. Any Cross owners on here with recommended accessories/mods? I already know I should expect it to be picky with ammo, I also know there are better rifles out there for less money, but something about it made me had to have it.

intunegp

WKR
I've hunted with my .308 Cross the past two seasons. Bought it in the same mindset as you and it has never disappointed me. I went with Vortex precision rings and a Leupold VX-5 (I know, I know) and I love the rig. For factory ammo, mine likes Nosler Trophy Grade with the 165gr AccuBonds. I can ring a 6" gong at 400 yards all day long and the rifle is definitely capable of stretching its legs quite a bit more. I have shot and had consistent hits out to 700 yards, but I try not to shoot animals much further than 400 anyway so that is where I spend the most time practicing.

Sneaky223

FNG
I just picked up a 6.5 creedmoor in the first lite camo. My local gun shop had a sale also. Just as you been eyeing one for a while. I brought it home and cleaned it good and took off the top rail just to make sure screws had some blue loctite. Well I didn't know that top rail holds down the tiniest spring for the bolt release. So be careful if you remove the rail. Out of 4 screws only one had some loctite. So I cleaned up the threads and added just a touch of blue and re tightened. I have a direct thread Nomad I took off my long range gun and put it on the Cross, it looks bad ass. I just ordered the Ergo tdx 0 degree grip which feels good to me from my other rifle and a short piece of picatiny rail for my bipod. Now I'm looking a good hunting scope because this is what I'm going to mainly use it for. I'm looking at Leupold vx Freedom 3x9x50 with illuminated dot. What are ya'lls thoughts on the Leupold?

OP
Jpr778

Jpr778

FNG
I just picked up a 6.5 creedmoor in the first lite camo. My local gun shop had a sale also. Just as you been eyeing one for a while. I brought it home and cleaned it good and took off the top rail just to make sure screws had some blue loctite. Well I didn't know that top rail holds down the tiniest spring for the bolt release. So be careful if you remove the rail. Out of 4 screws only one had some loctite. So I cleaned up the threads and added just a touch of blue and re tightened. I have a direct thread Nomad I took off my long range gun and put it on the Cross, it looks bad ass. I just ordered the Ergo tdx 0 degree grip which feels good to me from my other rifle and a short piece of picatiny rail for my bipod. Now I'm looking a good hunting scope because this is what I'm going to mainly use it for. I'm looking at Leupold vx Freedom 3x9x50 with illuminated dot. What are ya'lls thoughts on the Leupold?
I ordered that ergo grip as well! Good info on the spring, I’ll take my rail off as well and make sure to loctite the screws.

MayDae

FNG
My 308 Cross currently shits the bed in the accuracy department. I can't get it to shoot under 1.5 moa with 168smk or 175tmk. I've tried 4 different recipes so far that have worked for me in the past using Varget, and Federal match primers. Still looks like a shotgun spread.

It's not operator error either, cause on the same day I've shot sub 0.5moa groups with my R700.

Can't seem to upload photos cause the file sizes are too large.

I've heard that removing and re-torquing the barrel might help. Anyone know the factory torque numbers?