Sig Cross .277 Fury dead?

Does anyone have any intel on if the Sig Cross in .277 Fury will ever be released? They sure hyped it up and made the ammo available, but still no rifle going on 3 years. I know they have the MCX out, but I’d still like to try one of these. A .270 in a compact rifle like that would be awesome for alpine hunting.

Last I read, the .mil testing is supposed to start in 2024. Just reading the specs on the hybrid case makes me think this could be a niche cartridge. Cases alone would have to cost $$$

intunegp

WKR
Thats just a wishful listing. There are no 277s out there outside of aftermarket barrels.

I didn't make it far enough to see they weren't in stock, I thought I had seen somewhere that they were starting to show up but I must have been mistaken. Aftermarket barrels are probably better anyway!

TxLite

WKR
I think without the hybrid case it’s really not anything special and my understanding is that you wouldn’t be able to rechamber any non sig actions for it because of the higher design pressures of the hybrid case.

I also wonder what that looks like for those of us with suppressors? 80k psi is pretty high.

I think without the hybrid case it’s really not anything special and my understanding is that you wouldn’t be able to rechamber any non sig actions for it because of the higher design pressures of the hybrid case.

I also wonder what that looks like for those of us with suppressors? 80k psi is pretty high.
Almost all bolt actions can handle the pressure. Cans, most likely not even close. The case takes the brunt of the pressure. Over on Snipers Hide a guy has resized some of the brass to fire 308 and Creedmoor at really good velocities with the bi-metal case. There are a few guys shooting the 277 as well. Its fast.

TxLite

WKR
Almost all bolt actions can handle the pressure. Cans, most likely not even close. The case takes the brunt of the pressure. Over on Snipers Hide a guy has resized some of the brass to fire 308 and Creedmoor at really good velocities with the bi-metal case. There are a few guys shooting the 277 as well. Its fast.
Interesting. That was not my understanding. That definitely makes it more appealing for short compact packages. I’ll have to see if I can find that thread on sh

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
I sure it will eventually but the government has a bunch more money to waste on testing before they do..
What? Never. They especially wouldn't spend $300mil on research into a new weapon system only to learn that Soldiers are more accurate if you slap a scope on their rifle.

For hunters, I don't think it'll catch on except for a small group of idividuals that want to be different.

The XM-7 I have many issues with in execution and practice but they didn't ask me either.

Hnthrdr

WKR
What? Never. They especially wouldn't spend $300mil on research into a new weapon system only to learn that Soldiers are more accurate if you slap a scope on their rifle.

For hunters, I don't think it'll catch on except for a small group of idividuals that want to be different.

The XM-7 I have many issues with in execution and practice but they didn't ask me either.
It’s not like they spent 3 billion on camo that was awful and went back to essentially woodland with a twist 10 years later…