New Sitka Merino

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone using this? I got to fondle it in store, and wow does it feel nice. Soft, stretchy. I didn't plan on getting anymore but I'm going to give thier merino top a try this year.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Been using it for bear hunting. So far so good. But It will be hard for me to change from Aerowool. It’s just way more durability than pure merino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone using this? I got to fondle it in store, and wow does it feel nice. Soft, stretchy. I didn't plan on getting anymore but I'm going to give thier merino top a try this year.

I can honestly say I hated the old Sitka merino it made my skin crawl. The new 2018 Sitka Merino is amazing the material is way better and softer than the old style. I used it for turkey season here in Colorado and it worked out amazing. It's light enough to keep you warm, but you wont get to hot in it either.

Benjblt

WKR
Been using it for bear hunting. So far so good. But It will be hard for me to change from Aerowool. It’s just way more durability than pure merino.

It's not pure merino. I think it's got like 25% Nylon, similar (percentage wise) to the Aerowool. Probably not produced and woven the same way though.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I believe I read that it's an 85% wool, 15% poly blend.

That’s what my tags says.

I totally missed it was a blend. But it makes sense, I usually rip pure merino in a couple days. For some reason I though only the Apex was a blend.

Benjblt

WKR

I totally missed it was a blend. But it makes sense, I usually rip pure merino in a couple days. For some reason I though only the Apex was a blend.

I might have been looking at a different sitka piece than you guys but it's definately Nylon. Don't know the percentage. Either way it was the softest I felt. Made me want to cuddle it for days. I'm with you though Ryan, I like the Aerowool and that's what I'll be running.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I have some aerowool underwear and that's it. I know sitka new merino is a blend. I have a handful of thier old merino that's on its last leg and liked it.

Thier new merino is really soft and felt stretchy. It felt even softer than the aerowool underwear I own.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

The Apex hoody is a merino and nylon blend. The Apex hoody has 230 grams of merino wool. The Apex pants are going to be a Polyester face blended into a micro grid fleece inside. I've ran the set a few times and can honestly say they are my new favorite series for hot/warm weather. I don't usually run the hoody during the day, but sunrise and sunset its perfect for that. The pants are way better than the ascents. They fit better they are thicker and tougher than the ascents.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Just got the new merino beanie, and boxers in the mail. I think I have found my new favorite boxers. The beanie is super stretchy for merino as well, really interested to put it to some use.

I really want to pick up the zip t, but Iv got enough other base layers that I'll wait on it, maybe next year if I can burn through my old sitka merino top this fall.