NEW STONE GLACIER GEAR IS OUT! Clothing, tent, packs!

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I watched all their Q&A's, but never found out if the down jacket has box baffles, or is a sewn thru construction.

kipper09

WKR
How does the puffy feel as far as durability? Obviously it’s lightweight just curious as the the durability of the shell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbshark

WKR
Yes !!!!
That old belt pouch would barely fit can of chew!

Thanks for the update
Oh yes and when they available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Hopefully their clothing is U.S. made like their other stuff instead of being overpriced Chinese stuff like most these other brands you hear people hyping up.

What are these other brands that are “hyped” up that don’t perform?

I’m sure as with everything else SG makes it’ll be quality stuff.

blb078

WKR
What are these other brands that are “hyped” up that don’t perform?

I’m sure as with everything else SG makes it’ll be quality stuff.

Never once did I say "don't preform". But Sitka, kuiu, first lite are all over priced chinese products that get way more hype than they desrve. And before you ask, yes I've owned them all. Sikta is probably the worst in terms of price gouging for what you get. And yes I own SG too, do a search on here and you will see I was one of the first people defending them when they came out when other people where acting as if other packs where superior.

Trial153

WKR
I know it's hard but it is possible to talk about one product with out degrading another.

Seems like a soft shell is an interesting first launch. While they arent popular on rokslide and I undertand why, softshells in general are great sellers. Might be a good way to get your cards on table so to speak.

Never once did I say "don't preform". But Sitka, kuiu, first lite are all over priced chinese products that get way more hype than they desrve. And before you ask, yes I've owned them all. Sikta is probably the worst in terms of price gouging for what you get. And yes I own SG too, do a search on here and you will see I was one of the first people defending them when they came out when other people where acting as if other packs where superior.
I am looking for new camo. what do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
Yeah, I guess I disagree. People aren’t “hyping” up the 3 best hunting clothing manufacturers currently. They flat out perform, that’s why they get the recognition they do. Glad to see another producer in the market. Can’t imagine they would be any cheaper than anybody else’s stuff.

slick

WKR
Seems like a soft shell is an interesting first launch. While they arent popular on rokslide and I undertand why, softshells in general are great sellers. Might be a good way to get your cards on table so to speak.

I thought that with the down. I feel down has limited applications, and didn’t expect to see that roll out right away. Personally, I’d be most interested in a synthetic insulation jacket that isn’t as thick/heavy as a FirstLite Uncompahgre, Kuiu Kenai (not sure what Sitkas offering is). But more like a Patagonia Nano Air.

blb078

WKR
Yeah, I guess I disagree. People aren’t “hyping” up the 3 best hunting clothing manufacturers currently. They flat out perform, that’s why they get the recognition they do. Glad to see another producer in the market. Can’t imagine they would be any cheaper than anybody else’s stuff.

What makes them the best? Because they are priced higher? Is there some site not influenced by advertising dollars that has rated them? Buying some of these brands is like buying Versace jeans thinking they are better than Levi's. I don't fault anyone for buying the stuff as I stated I own some, it's your money buy what you want. Heck I own a Lamborghini and people tell me it's an over priced Audi but at least it's still hand built in Italy.

slick

WKR
You lost me... *

Those 3 companies produce the most technically advanced clothing options geared towards hunters currently. That is what makes them the best, now add SG to the list. I’m assuming SG will have a full line up down the road. Has nothing to do with price, and has to do with performance.

As for the soft shell it’s similar in weight to the Sitka mountain line. Lightweight but has some warmth. It could be warn anytime of the year. The pockets are designed to wear a pack with and still have access. The pit pockets open all the way. No mesh. Great for early season. Seems like it will be a good wind resistant jacket. I am not sure of the baffle design but hopefully will have that answered soon.

I know it's hard but it is possible to talk about one product with out degrading another.

I am planning on getting one. I like it. It seems that it would be a great jacket. Also it’s an athletic fit which for me is an awesome thing.