New Stone Glacier gear??

TXCO

WKR
I should be a large, tried an XL and the waist was borderline to small and the rest of it was way to big. The sizing is odd.

Im in the exact same boat. I had to go up to a XXL or XXXL to zip a jacket waist or button the adjustable pants in SG but wear a normal L and 36 in every other companies clothes. In fact my 36 wranglers fall off without a belt. I can even wear a M cirque light that fits well since it has no elastic waist. So I have had to keep returning SG clothes. Its so weird and frustrating.

The grumman jacket and vest even fit so different purely due to the waist aspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Couple of photos from my local Scheels who got some new stuff out on the racks early it appears. New glove colors and a cirque light vest (no hood). The vest had that similar face fabric that’s got a soft hand, fleece side panels, insulated front/back. The back insulation panel is in a V shape. Quite light, short collar.

The bino pack on shoot2hunt sounded interesting, looked like it may be a version of their harness with “wings” featuring a couple different types of multipurpose pockets and such. Definitely heard mag and kestrel “holder.”

I didn’t do the black label piece this year so not sure when that early info webinar is/may be.

IMG_2909.jpegIMG_2908.jpegIMG_2898.png

Dr.Chill

FNG
They are also coming out with new colorway for the Grumman jacket and pants: tarmac (basically a mid brown). I bought it from Scheels online when they accidently put it online (SG must've made them pull it down the next day) but sure enough, it shipped. Will post pic later today

Subliminal1

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks. I fluctuate between a 34/36 waist and have a 42 chest measurement. I up-sized to an XL in the Grumman and have zero issues layering underneath. Might be one of my favorite stone glacier pieces (their mittens are amazing too).

Maybe they had a bad batch sizing wise and didn't catch it.
Agreed!! I'm almost the exact same sizing you mentioned and love the Grumman.

My one complaint with SG is their pant knee pad location, it ends up being closer to shin guards than knee pads.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Just got an email from SG. Cirque light vest, helio pullover, and new colors.

a08ce8128b4bc3205047669effe2b049.png

44d33c492e387a4cfe7ff5b7c3604ba8.png

ef169c2e49cdb580b74f53e1e569b568.png

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Couple details on the Tokeen 2600 compared with an Avail, etc.

- 22” frame vs 20” on avail.

- Same style of frame sheet, looks like an hdpe/plastic material, carbon rods in an “X.” Assembly is set in a pocket with Velcro top like the Avail so you can remove the assembly. The bag is not sewn to the frame as all of the web listings say.

- Attachment to frame looks to be same as the Avail. Belt is removable, same thinner lumbar pad.

- the Approach 2800 bag is about 22” long on the back which matches up to the Tokeen 2600.

- there’s external pockets on the top and face of the bag. One internal pocket on the face of bag (the avail and approach have 2 of them). One internal sleeve for bottle/spotter etc.

I’ve never used the Avail ON my SG frames because it didn’t work well for me. This bag appears to be a better size for that use. I’ve found that because I’m 5’8” having a full bag (ALL of them compress down quite well) on the frame puts the top behind my head (obviously) due to the 26” stays. I could easily get away with 24” ones. The daybags clear that space behind my head and feel a bit more nimble to me when I’m out and about through timber.

So…..for those hoping for the new UL fabric bag on the SG frames, looks like a possible use? Can’t say how functional it would be yet.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So…..for those hoping for the new UL fabric bag on the SG frames, looks like a possible use? Can’t say how functional it would be yet.

One difference from the Avail - there’s no ladder lock on the bag where the shoulder strap webbing connects, it’s sewn. So it isn't specifically made to do go on a frame.