New Study Shows 9.52 Million Acres of Western Public Lands Are Landlocked

CorbLand

WKR
Huh yes we have just like the generation befor mine said my generation was screwing things up. We sure did, more whitail alive today than has ever exsisted, some of the best elk hunting the west has ever seen, and now your singing the same old song and dance. By the way please
educate me on how unlocking those locked up forest service roads is going to screw things up???

Maybe we have some of the best elk hunting because we closed down some roads and looked at managing things. I talk to guys that use to kill 4 deer on 1 tag. They think it’s dumb that fish and game cares now. I know guys that use to shot 20 pheasants a day and can’t figure out why they struggle to kill 10 a year now. Things have changed. Roads are closed to give wildlife a chance. Open the road. There will be 10 atvs , 4 pickups a day down it. Please tell me, how that doesn’t affect things and screw things up.

I get it, you can’t get to places you use too. Life’s sucks, that’s the way it goes. Have the memories that you have from them and be happy letting others make the same memories you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kicker338

WKR
Maybe we have some of the best elk hunting because we closed down some roads and looked at managing things. I talk to guys that use to kill 4 deer on 1 tag. They think it’s dumb that fish and game cares now. I know guys that use to shot 20 pheasants a day and can’t figure out why they struggle to kill 10 a year now. Things have changed. Roads are closed to give wildlife a chance. Open the road. There will be 10 atvs , 4 pickups a day down it. Please tell me, how that doesn’t affect things and screw things up.

I get it, you can’t get to places you use too. Life’s sucks, that’s the way it goes. Have the memories that you have from them and be happy letting others make the same memories you have.

I know that sounds logical but pryor to all the road closings we had better elk hunting here in Nth Idaho go figure. As far as closing roads for the wildlife from what I've read and talking to forest service guys that has nothing to do with designated routs. Sad to say but you younger guys will never have the same memories us older guys have had. You will never have the opertunity to roam the national forests like us older guys did.Yrs. ago, too many yrs. as far as I'm concerned I worked with an old timer who used to run cattle in the national forests, we talked about the many trails he blazed which later on the forest service turned them into regular marked trails. No one in his right mind would try that today. I talked to a couple last yr. while out hunting that was from Colorado on vacation. I was griping about the road closures here, they laughted and said you guys here in Nth. Idaho have it made. They said to visit their state and see how fast they are closing roads, trails, you name it. Were they telling the truth, don't know but it sure didn't sound good. Anyways I'm done with this thread, everyone has their opinion.
you, stated yours. I've stated mine, have a good day.

CorbLand

WKR
I know that sounds logical but pryor to all the road closings we had better elk hunting here in Nth Idaho go figure. As far as closing roads for the wildlife from what I've read and talking to forest service guys that has nothing to do with designated routs. Sad to say but you younger guys will never have the same memories us older guys have had. You will never have the opertunity to roam the national forests like us older guys did.Yrs. ago, too many yrs. as far as I'm concerned I worked with an old timer who used to run cattle in the national forests, we talked about the many trails he blazed which later on the forest service turned them into regular marked trails. No one in his right mind would try that today. I talked to a couple last yr. while out hunting that was from Colorado on vacation. I was griping about the road closures here, they laughted and said you guys here in Nth. Idaho have it made. They said to visit their state and see how fast they are closing roads, trails, you name it. Were they telling the truth, don't know but it sure didn't sound good. Anyways I'm done with this thread, everyone has their opinion.
you, stated yours. I've stated mine, have a good day.

I am so confused...a couple posts ago we have the best elk hunting we have seen...now it was better 20 years ago.

We should open up a road everywhere because the younger generation won’t get to blaze a trail where ever and have it made into a marked trail? Makes zero sense.

Quite frankly you did state your opinion or so it seems. I am not really sure what your opinion is.

The problem is the amount of people there are versus 20 years ago. I remember growing up riding our 4 wheeler at our cabin for a week and passing two other people. Now there are 5 at every cabin. They can go farther and to harder places. Things change and you have to adapt to fit the change. The adaptation is closing roads so areas get less pressure. There is no where an animal can go in the lower 48 that you couldn’t get to. Making it harder for people to get there is the only way to keep it from everyone going there.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Huh yes we have just like the generation befor mine said my generation was screwing things up. We sure did, more whitail alive today than has ever exsisted, some of the best elk hunting the west has ever seen, and now your singing the same old song and dance. By the way please
educate me on how unlocking those locked up forest service roads is going to screw things up???
Because every moron with a RZR would be blasting up those roads, dumping trash, and annoying the hell out of everyone else. Sorry, but your generation isn't the only one involved in the recovery of all those game species. Matter of fact, yours and your dad's were the ones that practically hunted them to extinction, so spare the drama. We don't need highways to the top of every mountain just because people don't want to walk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk