New Tikka 7/NF combo Started

Got my rifle back from the smith today. Muzzle Brake installed - looks nice and clean. Also put a different bolt handle on it. Got ready to mount the Sako Classic stock and holes were off. When tightened it would pinch the BM and the magazine wouldn't snap in. Stock is going back - and that's fine - I'm going to stick with the factory stock. Will bed it tomorrow.

150 Scenars came in - ready to work with those and H1000. Will be looking for 3100-3150 with low ES and accuracy. Here you can see a 150 scenar next to a 162 eld x. For people who wonder if scenars are target bullets or hunting bullets - they are neither....They are killing bullets.

Obviously you have the brake already... I don't know, if I'm going to brake a rifle I see no reason to hold back from a side discharge brake. You already have to wear hearing protection to shoot it, why not go for the most reduction you can get? They make quite a few side discharge brakes that aren't the size of the clamp on brakes(MBM and APA brakes come to mind). Another thing I prefer about the side discharge brakes is the predictability of the recoil.

In any case, I bet its easier on your shoulder. Hopefully she shoots one of those two into some tiny holes for you!

Sled

WKR
I don’t like recoil. I mean I have no problem getting behind a 300 win mag for a couple shots but I don’t want to shoot 50 rds through it. I also like to practice so I want something I can shoot all day. So I wanted something faster than a 6.5 cm but less than a 7 mag. This is where I ended up. Basically a 200-250 FPS quicker 6.5 cm.

any love for the 270 win? seems to fit your requirements