New to Reloading - book suggestions?

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Top-Grade Ammo by Glen D. Zediker is outstanding if you can locate a copy. It’s fairly recently out of print, Glen has passed away.

Reactions: HGL

Vern400

WKR
Nosler and hodgdon make their load data available for free.
Hornady and Sierra do not.

I just got the Hornady book for christmas. It's pretty good. I've been reloading 40 years so it's a little bit basic for me. I don't have the Sierra book which is unfortunate cuz I use lots of Sierra bullets. If you're just looking for load data the compiled books by caliber are excellent.

Some of the older Speer manuals are good but spear bullets are not really leading technology these days. Their bullets have put a lot of game on the ground though.

SippyCup

FNG
Lyman book is worth owning as well. They don’t make powder or projectiles so you’ll get nosler, Hornady, Sierra, ect bullet load data in the book.

Mulyhuntr

WKR
Nosler and hodgdon make their load data available for free.
Hornady and Sierra do not.

I just got the Hornady book for christmas. It's pretty good. I've been reloading 40 years so it's a little bit basic for me. I don't have the Sierra book which is unfortunate cuz I use lots of Sierra bullets. If you're just looking for load data the compiled books by caliber are excellent.

Some of the older Speer manuals are good but spear bullets are not really leading technology these days. Their bullets have put a lot of game on the ground though.
Sierra's data is pretty easily findable online.

Houseminer

Lil-Rokslider
IMHO, the Lyman book has the best section on intro to reloading, but the Lee book is the best all around and is a conglomeration of all the others for load data, others tend to focus mainly on their reloading components.