New to traditional archery

I started with the black hunter longbow at 45#, liked it alot as a beginner with not much experience to compare it against. Then I got the recurve in 30# and 60#. I didn't use the 30# too much because although it was easy to draw and practice form, the arrow flight was so weak that it seemed like I couldn't really make much use of it.

I finally just started shooting the 60# recurve with 500+ grain arrows and with some fur silencers on there it is satisfyingly quiet and smooth. Going back to 45# longbow seems way noisier and much more vibration on release.

Ya the 60# (@28") is a lethal beast but still a little strong for me to use for long practice sessions so I just ordered some 50# recurve limbs for $60 and I think those could be great all purpose hunting limbs, especially because I'm 6' and my draw is probably closer to 29" than 28".

Seeing how much people spend on bows here I have half a mind to spend another $60 and get the 55# limbs too just to see how I like those.

Beendare

WKR
Knowing what I know now, I think the best advice is in Mighty Mouses comment, start light and cheap To develop form…them move up.

I started at 45#, and developed some bad habits…went down to 40# for awhile ( on the same ILF setup) , killed a couple critters and was off to the races.

I killed a bunch of critters with a 45# recurve….inc moose and big hogs. A guy doesn’t need to get wrapped up in the KE wars of compound guys….my old 45# bow didn’t generate 40 KE And it was blowing through critters with a 2 blade- they penetrate effortlessly.
Shoot what you can control….

Grechrist

FNG
There are several good middle of the road bows to try, I would say don’t dive too deep until you test it. If you are coming from the compound world I would say a Hoyt Satori would be a great start and economical.