New Warne Skyline Lite Bipod

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to the review. Have you weighed it? The website lists 17oz. which isn't exactly "lite". Thanks.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to the review. Have you weighed it? The website lists 17oz. which isn't exactly "lite". Thanks.
Yeah, I was disappointed when I weighed it. Not lightweight at all. So far I think it's a great choice for PRS type matches and such. Not sure it would make sense for hunting purposes.

1000002555.jpg

ID_Matt

WKR
I just got one in the mail for a backup to my ckye pod. Seems like it will be a good bipod for what it is. My only gripe is the tension lever for the tilt feature, seems like when you try to tension that or lock it, the whole head wants to tilt as you twist it. Did you notice that much, Justin?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just got one in the mail for a backup to my ckye pod. Seems like it will be a good bipod for what it is. My only gripe is the tension lever for the tilt feature, seems like when you try to tension that or lock it, the whole head wants to tilt as you twist it. Did you notice that much, Justin?

Yeah, I noticed the same thing if I try to lock it down tight. Most bipods suffer from that if they have a similar locking lever/screw system. It's not much of an issue for me, though, since I typically adjust it so there is tension and leave it. I don't fully lock it down.

ID_Matt

WKR
Yeah, I noticed the same thing if I try to lock it down tight. Most bipods suffer from that if they have a similar locking lever/screw system. It's not much of an issue for me, though, since I typically adjust it so there is tension and leave it. I don't fully lock it down.
MDT seems to have that issue figured out. Definitely don't notice it on the ckye but immediately did on the warne. I'll likely do the same as you. Set it and forget it with a good bit of tension

What is your intended use?

I prefer this one over Harris.

Hunting rifle, weight is a concern but don’t want to pay for the lightest and also the want it to be stable.

Currently using Caldwell bipod, my main issue is the cant feature loosens up with the tilt of the rifle or during each shot no matter how tight I tighten the tilt handle

Edit: ended up ordering the QD pic version. Figured for $141 shipped and tax that it would be hard to beat. Should be leaps and bounds better than my Caldwell pos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: