What's the deal with second hand Tikka rifles and parts pricing?

Gorp2007

WKR
You're incredibly stubborn. Someone posted where you can find the new SS lite for $723 and you call BS because you won't hit the email link. There's plenty of dealers where you can get new SS models for under $800 delivered to your dealer to pick up.

So are you one of the people that want a ridiculous amount of money for used stuff?

Definitely stubborn, but willing to admit when I'm wrong. Original post updated to celebrate the existence of $723 Tikkas.

Reactions: NSI
As for the price of the actions, some people want to build a custom on the Tikka action but don't want to deal with or pay to have the factory barrel removed and have no interest in the factory stock. For them, the price is worth it.

This is exactly why people pay almost or just as much for an action vs a complete rifle.

I've done three custom Tikkas. The first two I bought complete rifles. After paying the gunsmith to remove the barrel, taking pictures, posting for sale, securely packaging parts, trying to find time in my busy schedule to make multiple trips to the shipper because parts don't all sell at the exact same time, etc, etc, I decided the money saved/earned was really not worth all the hassle.

So the third custom Tikka I did I just bought the action. Paid $650 delivered and it had an Area 419 rail and lighter trigger spring which I would have bought anyhow. Most importantly, I don't have to worry about having all the extra factory parts cluttering up my gun room or trying to sell them off. I hate just throwing perfectly good parts in the trash so that's not really an option for me either.

For those on here that have ordered through gunzonedeals, I'm assuming they're good to go and no real issue going through them or bad experiences

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
For those on here that have ordered through gunzonedeals, I'm assuming they're good to go and no real issue going through them or bad experiences
They are GTG. I've purchased many things from them including a Tikka Roughtech 6.5 PRC I picked up from my local gun shop yesterday.

OP
R
I’ve bought several guns and acc’s through gun zone over the years, they’re legit.

Personally I spend a little more to buy my Tikkas through Euro Optic though. With a discount it’s not quite as cheap as gun zone (about $75 more all said and done after shopping and tax) but for me it’s piece of mind knowing if there’s an issue they’ll go to bat for me and I won’t be stuck getting a **** you from Beretta.

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
If you call tikka and try to order parts be ready to be shocked by the prices. Bolt and walnut stock were more than I could buy a new rifle for.

OP
R
The irony that the OP created a post complaining about secondhand Tikka pricing, while selling a barreled action in the classifieds for more than a new rifle.

You mean the varmint stainless barreled action that I’m selling for $850 delivered that’s from a rifle that’s ultra rare and the few that got imported were $1250 at dealers plus shipping and tax? That barreled action?

How’s the sale going on your used 223 barreled action from a rifle that someone can buy brand new complete for $100 less?

You’re a real smart guy.

atmat

WKR
ultra rare
1692973229395.jpeg

How’s the sale going on your used 223 barreled action from a rifle that someone can buy brand new complete for $100 less?
For what it’s worth, I don’t have a barreled action here for sale. I do have a used Tikka that’s now cheaper than new even at GZD. But try again amigo.

You’re a real smart guy.
Thank you. We finally agree on something. Also, didn’t you say you blocked me on another thread? I guess that was a lie.

OP
R
View attachment 593362

For what it’s worth, I don’t have a barreled action here for sale. I do have a used Tikka that’s now cheaper than new even at GZD. But try again amigo.

Thank you. We finally agree on something. Also, didn’t you say you blocked me on another thread? I guess that was a lie.

When less than a dozen get imported, yeah they are rare. Only other options for a varmint barreled 6.5 is a blued varmint for $1000 or a super varmint for $1600, neither of which have SS barrels.

You are on my ignore list but I had to see who was here mouth breathing in my thread.

BTW, my barreled action is now sale pending, probably due to your publicity. Enjoy bumping yours, maybe a fool will come along for it.

atmat

WKR
yeah they are rare.
They’re actually ultra rare. Gotta get the terminology right.

You are on my ignore list but I had to see who was here mouth breathing in my thread.
So you periodically un-ignore people to see if they’ve responded to anything you’ve said. That sounds totally reasonable and I’m sure that’s true and it’s a healthy habit.

BTW, my barreled action is now sale pending, probably due to your publicity.
I’m legitimately happy for you that your barreled action sold. It goes to show that there is a buyer at most every price point, even the overpriced ones. I’m sure my “publicity” on a random thread at 9am on a workday was certainly the key.

BAKPAKR

WKR
What’s the LOP on a Tikka compact stock?

Include a Limbsaver, and measure from the back of the trigger guard.

P

Is there a non-grind-to-fit Limbsaver pad even available for the Tikka Compact stock? The butt of the Compact stock is much shorter in height than the regular stock.

They’re actually ultra rare. Gotta get the terminology right.

So you periodically un-ignore people to see if they’ve responded to anything you’ve said. That sounds totally reasonable and I’m sure that’s true and it’s a healthy habit.

I’m legitimately happy for you that your barreled action sold. It goes to show that there is a buyer at most every price point, even the overpriced ones. I’m sure my “publicity” on a random thread at 9am on a workday was certainly the key.

It didn’t end up selling because he just tried to trade me for a barrel I have. Not to mention the barreled action is listed what he bought the entire rifle for from another member on the hide. Then swapped parts out. Imagine parting out a “unicorn.” When I called him out on this post and the original sellers post he lied about what he can pay for the barrel I have, he blocked me, hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atmat

WKR
It didn’t end up selling because he just tried to trade me for a barrel I have. Not to mention the barreled action is listed what he bought the entire rifle for from another member on the hide. Then swapped parts out. Imagine parting out a “unicorn.” When I called him out on this post and the original sellers post he lied about what he can pay for the barrel I have, he blocked me, hahaha.
Hahaha this is hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Guess @redneckbmxer24 lied about blocking me and selling his ultra-rare unicorn.

OP
R
Holy shit you’re sensitive. Yes the barreled action was sold and the douche welched, yes I ordered the same barrel for $668.14, and yes I did block you because you were throwing a temper tantrum like a child and blowing up my phone because you couldn’t take no for an answer and move along.

This thread started off with you throwing a tantrum and multiple people have the same conclusion when it comes to you and your unicorn.
cbb23923e1d1ece8a9fd9eb8f256411c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
yup good deal. I’d get it. Break it down and re use action for that price if you like. Won’t find an action that cheap.