Next Mile Meals...Anyone else try them out yet?

Jacack

WKR
I tried a few of these this off season and honestly wasn’t impressed, the meatball one was very good, chicken ranch and chicken broccoli not very good to me. The deli roast beef was ok but not really a meal, just a bunch of cubed beef but tasted ok and maybe with some instant potatoes or ramen noodle it would be good.

Also the water recommendation on the packaging is way too much water.

I see they have new packages so maybe that changed

I will stick to mh, peak and alpine

pirogue

WKR
Holy Sodium Batman....1550 mg in a serving of the Taco. I like the concept but do they need that much salt? Its the second most abundant ingredient.
Compared to MH, I’d rather have a little more water than a lot more sodium.

Ok I've been eating these. Expensive but good. If you are full-time Keto - and your body is used to burning fat - these are excellent.

My favorites are the Beef Tacos and Denver Omelette. I have been eating two of these meals per day, supplemented with pre-boiled eggs and pre-cooked bacon. Lots of saturated fats. Yum. They are high in sodium. However, you need to deliberately eat electrolytes in the backcountry, especially when eating clean.

I climbed 4,000 feet last Friday night and another 1,500 Saturday before descending on Sunday. Running around the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. These meals tasted and felt great, and I have been 100% Keto for a couple years. For a while I was eating "Paleo Meals to Go" but the ratios in these are better.

I would not recommend these unless you are fully fat-adapted. Most of these have about 4 total carbs and you will bonk.

Trial153

WKR
I think they are pretty decent, between them and peak refuel I am pretty well set.

dwent

FNG
I realize this is an old thread and, hey, first post, but thought I'd just add for anyone reading that these meals are made with people following a ketogenic diet in mind.

If you haven't done keto before, keeping water and minerals in becomes difficult and it is recommended to increase your sodium intake accordingly. Probably why the sodium is that much higher in these.

I have a few of them sitting on the shelf at home but I've only tried the buffalo chicken so far. It was pretty good. If you truly wanted to be keto with these though you would need to add a lot more fat to most of them as the fat/protein ratios are way off from what would be considered a typical "keto diet."

Teejay

FNG
I have the Cajun jambalaya waiting for my next trip out. I’ll report back. So far Beef Taco has been my favorite.