NF ATACR 4-20x50 F1

Whisky

WKR
I'm curious about user's experiences with this scope, good or bad. Mainly, tracking, RTZ, tunneling and eye box.
I'm considering replacing the scope on my 300PRC with it.
I've searched this forum, as well as other places on the internet, and surprisingly, there is not a lot of first hand info on this specific model.
Thanks in advance!

I’m looking forward to some reviews too. Specifically how usable the Mil R or Mil C reticles are on 4-8 power for hunting use.

The worst thing is trying to search this scope out, and seeing a bunch of bashing in other forums from when it was first released about how it’s not this scope or that scope and nobody likes it before even touching it. ‘Just spend another $700 for this other scope we all love’.

I will say that if it’s anything like my 3 ATACRs (4-16, 5-25, and 7-35) it should be rock solid in terms of tracking, maintaining zero and RTZ. I’m saving up for one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking forward to some reviews too. Specifically how usable the Mil R or Mil C reticles are on 4-8 power for hunting use.

The worst thing is trying to search this scope out, and seeing a bunch of bashing in other forums from when it was first released about how it’s not this scope or that scope and nobody likes it before even touching it. ‘Just spend another $700 for this other scope we all love’.

I will say that if it’s anything like my 3 ATACRs (4-16, 5-25, and 7-35) it should be rock solid in terms of tracking, maintaining zero and RTZ. I’m saving up for one now

While I have no firsthand NF experience, I think you're right in that the ATACR reputation speaks for themselves on the tracking, holding zero, and RTZ.

With you having those other models, what is drawing you to the 4-20? I guess what I'm really asking is, should I be considering a 5-25 or 7-35 instead?

I'm not a comp shooter. I do bang rocks and steel out to 1200+, and LR hunt. I do know 20x would be fine for my purpose. My 300prc was built with weight in mind, weighing in at 7.5lbs.

Thanks

Yeah the ATACR durability and reliability is pretty well documented. I’m sure some have issues but mostly they are regarded as rock solid.

I love the 4-16x42 on my primary hunting rifle. I carry it around at 6x which works well for close in shots. And truthfully the longer shots I’ve taken at game haven’t been at max power, maybe 10-13x.

The 5-25 and 7-35 I have are on more strictly long range rifles. Stuff I don’t plan on humping over the mountains. Plus I generally don’t use the lower end on those rifles either for banging steel at distance. Usually 12 to 20 ish power. The reticle is a bit thin on the lower power of those to be great. Different purpose for them and the rifles they sit on

Honestly my motivation for the 4-20 is just to try it out. I like the idea of it for a hunting rifle that could reach out a bit further… as long as the reticle was usable at 5-7x. But truthfully I’d be just as happy with another 4-16 on this latest rifle

Back