Nick On Too Smooth Issue

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a too smooth in the classifieds here. So I’m not sure if what I’m dealing with is something from manufacturing or from being second hand.

When I first started testing it with just a string I couldn’t hear a click. So I started with the adjustments to get it audible. When I use my thumb holding onto the release the click functions. I then went to my bow and could not hear the click. So I went back to the string and took a slow motion video to see what was going on. The action of the release is not working at all when hooked up to a string all or bow string. The head isn’t pivoting properly - it feels gritty almost so it’s not wanting to swing when I’m pivoting my hand. Which is why I was never hearing the click. So when the release goes off, it’s only because the hinge arm is slipping off of the string from rotating.

Has anyone dealt with this with this release or even any others where this might be an easy fix?

I have the slow mo video but can’t attach it here. Can send outside of here if anyone has any input.

Just picked up a too smooth in the classifieds here. So I’m not sure if what I’m dealing with is something from manufacturing or from being second hand.

When I first started testing it with just a string I couldn’t hear a click. So I started with the adjustments to get it audible. When I use my thumb holding onto the release the click functions. I then went to my bow and could not hear the click. So I went back to the string and took a slow motion video to see what was going on. The action of the release is not working at all when hooked up to a string all or bow string. The head isn’t pivoting properly - it feels gritty almost so it’s not wanting to swing when I’m pivoting my hand. Which is why I was never hearing the click. So when the release goes off, it’s only because the hinge arm is slipping off of the string from rotating.

Has anyone dealt with this with this release or even any others where this might be an easy fix?

I have the slow mo video but can’t attach it here. Can send outside of here if anyone has any input.
I have a 2 smooth and I don't have this issue . However I've been shooting a hinge for quite some time . Are you firmiliar with hinges and used them before ?

I don't want to reply with information that you already know or assume you're new to hinges but the hand angle can greatly effect the pivoting motion of a hinge .

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot and hunt with a Scott Longhorn Micro regularly. For about a year now. Shot the Nock On Silverback for 2 years before that. I like the grip of the silverback better which is why I wanted to try the Too Smooth. The independent moon adjustments are no where near as easy to use as the Scott. The clicker adjustment changes with the arm angle adjustment and I’ve had to play a game of going back and forth to try to get something to work. And then actual function of it is inoperable.

What’s your experience with yours? And what does this sound like to you?

I shoot and hunt with a Scott Longhorn Micro regularly. For about a year now. Shot the Nock On Silverback for 2 years before that. I like the grip of the silverback better which is why I wanted to try the Too Smooth. The independent moon adjustments are no where near as easy to use as the Scott. The clicker adjustment changes with the arm angle adjustment and I’ve had to play a game of going back and forth to try to get something to work. And then actual function of it is inoperable.

What’s your experience with yours? And what does this sound like to you?
I agree I'm not a fan of the click adjustment moving the head. My release is set pretty hot just due to my shooting style. But to me it sounds like something is gummed up . You could try spraying some one shot gun cleaner in it I've done that in the past to clean stuff on my releases. Otherwise reach out to nock on and he should replace it no questions asked . I'm gonna be checking out a new hinge for 2024 that actually locks onto the string but I do plan on keeping my 2 smooth as a back up it's a phenomenal release.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I’m definitely going to follow his cleaning tutorial (I think I saw one for the silverback in the past). I’ll check out that spray as well. Definitely is sticky and gritty and like I said I bought it used so I want to assume that’s why it’s this issue.

What release is this?! I’d love a hinge that stays attached

Thanks, I’m definitely going to follow his cleaning tutorial (I think I saw one for the silverback in the past). I’ll check out that spray as well. Definitely is sticky and gritty and like I said I bought it used so I want to assume that’s why it’s this issue.

What release is this?! I’d love a hinge that stays attached
Evolution outdoors ibex check it out on the evolution outdoors Instagram page