Smooth bow for bad shoulder

Whats your draw length?? A 50# bow might be your best bet.. Get some 50# limbs for that Z7 and I bet you'd be loving life

JStol5

WKR
I would highly consider trying a Bowtech on the Smooth setting. It makes me never want to shoot a different bow. I can pull much more weight than my Mathews. YMMV, but I can’t speak highly enough about them.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Take my input with a grain of salt. I've shot 4 notes over the last 20 years ranging from a late 80s model, mid 90s double cam, 2010 single cam, and bought the SS34 last year. It's absolutely the smoothest but it's also very forgiving. By the time I got an initial tape dialed in, I was shooting fist sized groups at 40 yards.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
C
Well guys I decided to grab a Prime Inline 3 off the classifieds here. Talked to a few guys that shoot them that love them. Told my buddy about the deal and he said he’d buy it off me for what I paid if I don’t like it so I’m not out anything.

We’ll see how it goes. Thanks for all the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLYBYU44

FNG
I also have shoulder issues. Bought a Bear Species EV recently and it's great. Very smooth and doesn't bother the shoulder at all. Where I doing this again I would get an Adapt for the longer ATA.

Alaska92

FNG
I had a Z7 for a few years back when they were popular. They were pretty smooth to draw. I have an Elite Envision that I feel is super smooth. I equate it to a solo cam (depending on mod setting).

The two smoothest drawing bows I’ve found are the RX7 Ultra and the SS34. Or if you can find a Halon X. That was butter too.

Ehunter56

FNG
Bought a Bowtech Solution last year due to shoulder injury. Smoothest drawing bow I could find, and still had good speed to it. Now the shoulder is healing up nicely, and it's still the bow I shoot most often. Just a buttery smooth draw.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to recommend a PSE with the EC2 came. Well any of the standard Evo or EC cams (the SE and S2 are a little harsher). I've battled a shoulder issue for about 6 years. Many of the bows people say are smooth are not to me. That's my .02.

I'm going to recommend a PSE with the EC2 came. Well any of the standard Evo or EC cams (the SE and S2 are a little harsher). I've battled a shoulder issue for about 6 years. Many of the bows people say are smooth are not to me. That's my .02.
Agreed. I have a 70# PSE Levitate and a 60# Mach 34, both with EC2 cams. I have the Mach turned down slightly to 57 lbs, and it is an incredible smooth bow to draw and shoot. The PSEs also allow 10 turns on the limb bolts, so you can back off the poundage considerably. It's not a speed demon at 57# and 28" draw, but it's certainly fast enough.