Night hunting light setup

ozyclint

WKR
The property I'm hunting is close to home so I can spend time there without committing a whole weekend. I only do morning or afternoon hunts there. It used to be stone fruit orchard and vineyard but they have all been cleared now. It's a triangular block and is bounded on two sides by creeks which join each other to form a corner of the property. It's not real big and the animals don't live on the place but rather move in at dusk to feed at night and leave in the morning. being mostly open means that hunting it is limited to ambush points where they move. All the shots at game on this place have been within 40 yards of the property boundary.

I've been getting both pigs and fallow deer on cameras but at rather random times. Been using a tree saddle at ambush sites but crossing paths with them is a lottery of being in the right place at the right time.

I'm going to try some soured corn for the pigs and see if I get them coming in with any sort of regularity, which leads me to the topic of this thread.
If they end up being mostly night feeders I need a contingency plan. Full moon night sits with a bow light and lighted nocks could be a productive method and certainly something new to me. I'll be using my recurve.

After a quick internet search I found the Wicked hunting lights A51iC. 3 in 1 LED colours, white, red and green changable on the fly with a dial. it also has an intensity adjustment dial. mounts to stabilizer bush on the bow which i have. looks to be a pretty good setup.

any others to consider?

any setups you have that you can share?

as well as pigs this could be great for whistling foxes at night too.

I have the Kill Light from Elusive Wildlife. I mount it to a short picatinny rail that I have in my stabilizer hole on my recurve. It works ok. Red light is your friend. Mine I need to change the bulbs to change the color, I can vary the intensity pretty easy.

I also have mounts with the light to put it on the side of different rifle scopes, that's mainly where I have used it.

OP
ozyclint

ozyclint

WKR
what picatinny rail you using to mount to your recurve? I'm leaning the same way but with the wicked A67iC with gun mount kit. be easy to swap it between rifle and bow that way.

This is what I have.

A friend of mine has a light that I think has a stud out the back to screw into the stabilizer mount. On his recurve his stabilizer hole angled downward, however he was able to use a 10° quick detach turned upside down and it worked perfectly.

I was thinking his was a kill light as well, just smaller than what I used.