Nightforce Illuminated MOAR Reticle Question

Couple questions on the illuminated MOAR reticle.

1) When not using illumination, is the reticle thick enough to be used against darker backgrounds in regular to lower lighting?

2) would you describe the reticle fine, medium or thick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
On what scope? F1 or SFP?
Iv been happy with my moar reticles in both f1 and second fp shv scopes. I’d say the reticle is medium in thickness, fairly usable on low power compared to some other ffp scopes Iv been behind.
Illumination on the shv is the center cross only. Works very well.

OP
General RE LEE
What is the illumination like on the NXS line for the MOAR reticle? Center portion only?

OP
General RE LEE
Also from the illustrations of the reticle the reticle is red. Is the reticle red or black?

I agree with above. Medium reticle and definitely useable in lower light.
The reticle is black when off and red when illuminated on my NXS.

I have an NX8 with MOAR reticle. Woukd agree with "medium" thickness. The entire reticle illuminates on mine.

LaHunter

WKR
You can go to the NF website and look up the exact specs on the MOAR reticle thickness and compare to your current scopes reticle’s thickness. I consider the MOAR a ‘medium/fine’ hunting reticle. I have used thinner non illuminated reticles in other scopes for hunting and never had an issue seeing the reticle in last minute of legal shooting light

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think the non illuminated forceplex reticle in a 3-10 shv is good enough for a backcountry elk rifle?

MOAR reticle thickness is not universal. For example, a 2.5-10 NXS will have a MOAR reticle scaled to 10x but a 5.5-22 will be scaled to 22x.

Just a wild guess but I would bet money that in FFP, a 4-14 SHV F1 MOAR reticle doesn't have the same thickness as the one used in an ATACR 7-35 because a reticle designed to work at 4-14 is going to be way too thick in a 35x long range optic.

They are going to be pretty fine in thickness on the SFP scopes.