Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 vs Zeiss v4 4-14x50 vs Leupold vx5 3-15X44

pyle762

FNG
So I am going to be picking up one of these soon. I am just trying to figure out which one. I can get a mil discount on all of these and they would all be right around the same discounted price. It will be going on a hunting rifle, primarily used for Coues deer hunting. Has Leupould fixed their tracking issues on the newer models?

I think I am leaning toward the Zeiss right now. Just looking for some insights from people that have used them.

JakeM51

FNG
Had the SHV and the vx5. No experience with the Zeiss. Out of the shv and vx5, get the shv.

Honyock

WKR
Look at the prices at Red Hawk Rifles on the Zeiss. I picked up the V4 4-16X50 with illuminated reticle for $819. Don't let the "demo" scare you. I don't think mine was ever out of the box.

At some point I have had all three. I'd go with the V4 as well. I like the reticles the SHV offers, but Zeiss just came out with more options for the V4 (specifically a thinner MOA reticle, the original ones were too thick, personal preference). The V4 also has zero stop on elevation, capped or locking windage, and is lighter than the SHV. V4 -> SHV -> VX5