Nightmare start to a hunt

Trial153

WKR
Dont know if if you can swing but maybe rent a truck and go about your hunt ...swing by the dealer on the way out ?

OP
3pointer

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Rental places are closed , tried it , hoping tommorow brings some new luck

Trial153

WKR
I hope so as well. Hate to hear shit like this. Best you can do is roll with it.

Good luck man! Uhaul opens at 0730 is a option. Seen them in Alaska down the haul road! Wish I had a tag and heading that way, I’d bring a trailer and grab the truck and you.

Daniel0307

Lil-Rokslider
Stinks to have breakdowns, I believe everyone has had something breakdown if you’ve traveled to the mountains enough... my buddies left Sunday and completely lost his tranny half way, found some good people helping him and will is supposed to have it towed today to tranny shop, they were hopeful to get him going in a couple days... stay positive and good things will happen.. just glad you didn’t loose your brakes going down the mountain

wapitibob

WKR
Never
Go
To
Dealer

My truck broke down in WY, 4:00 Friday afternoon. Called dealer and said I was 1000 miles from home and needed it looked at, Dealer said they’d look at it in 2 weeks. Called an independent and was out in 30 minutes.

"my brand new Ford F-150".... I think i see your problem lol

Bummer about your misfortune tho... try and stay positive and remember things could always be worse.
Best of luck to you!

SBAHunts

FNG
so sorry to hear. My buddy had issues with his F150, it would just decide not to work every once in a while.

All the best to you, I hunted 52 last year. That diner in Cedaredge has good food

Moneyball

WKR
Good luck man! It will work out!

I had an experience where I was hunting a nice whitetail for days. My truck broke down mid season and the loaner that I received was...A baby blue impala. I thought I would sleep in one morning and told myself that would be the morning he showed up. I decided to drive the impala to hunt and long story short, I have a pic with: me, the buck, and the baby blue impala in the background.

Last edited: