NM 16B Drop Camp/Packers

Jdeck09

FNG
A family member of mine was fortunate enough to draw a 16B archery tag. Do y'all have any recommendations for drop camps or packers? I messaged a few of them from another thread last year but see if any others popped up.

Thanks yall

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with Mick Chapel from New Mexico Professional Big Game Hunting Inc. and review of his operation for guided hunts?

Djacker

WKR
San Francisco River Outfitters is well established in that area. They shoot nice bulls every year. My dad archery hunted with them a few years ago. Shot a nice 6pt first morning.

I would make sure whoever you get takes you in far enough. Last year, some acquaintances of a friend did a drop camp and were in that zone where some guys hiked in to camp and hunt, and others who were walking in from their truck camps 3-5 miles and hunting. If I’m doing a drop camp in the Gila, I don’t want to see another soul in there anywhere. I want to see the turkeys, the deer, the bears, the mountain lions and wolves, and an elk on the ground. No people! That’s the goal of a drop camp right? No people?

OP
J

Jdeck09

FNG
I would make sure whoever you get takes you in far enough. Last year, some acquaintances of a friend did a drop camp and were in that zone where some guys hiked in to camp and hunt, and others who were walking in from their truck camps 3-5 miles and hunting. If I’m doing a drop camp in the Gila, I don’t want to see another soul in there anywhere. I want to see the turkeys, the deer, the bears, the mountain lions and wolves, and an elk on the ground. No people! That’s the goal of a drop camp right? No people?
That's a great point. Thanks for the tip

Knew a guy that used to be perfectly willing to show everybody where he hunted because it was so far back in the wilderness that nobody ever had enough backbone to get there. Took him a few days to get there on with horses. It's burned a few times since then and he's a bit more discrete now.

Gbfan

FNG
I had contacted SFRO a few years ago. FWIW, at that time they told me they no longer do drop camps in the wilderness, fully guided only.