Nock collars for RIP TKO

Has anyone found nock collars to use with Rip TKO arrows? I messed up a couple of arrows this part year that a collar probably would have saved.

I wish Iron Will would make some titanium collars but was told they are not planning on it.

Last edited:
OP
I hunt_dm3
Iron will has stainless and Ti collars. I have 16 25gr stainless collars that came off of RIP TKO 300's for sale in the classifieds for $65TYD. They are $45 shipped for 6 on Iron Wills website, you need size .0269 for the RIP TKO's.
I am looking for nock collars, have you used the Iron Will impact collars for that?

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
You could go with the Victory Uni-Bushing and switch to a .166 nock. I don’t have them on my hunting arrows (RIP TKO) but I have them on the RIP XVs and 3DHVs I shoot for 3D through the summer. They have definitely saved a few arrows that would have been destroyed otherwise.

Don’t let the reviews about a tight fit on the bushings scare you, I hit the nock with some fine grit sandpaper and they fit well. Normally use AAE IP #4 nocks with the bushings and blue glue to install them.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I use gold tip kinetic kaos rear bushings and nocks in my RIP TKO.
I use 340 spine Rip tko and the 340 gold tip match up perfect.

You could also use a top hat protector ring if you wanted and use the same nock.

You could try Top Hat Protector Rings in whatever size most closely fits the OD of your arrows.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Top Hat ring as suggested, unless shooting 200 spine you will want 6.75mm.
Ah man, I had to go do a search when I saw that. I guess they "finally" took my advice after I hounded them several years ago about .200 spine shafts. I guess I get to spend some more money soon.

OP......I've never used nock collars on any of my .204 arrows, and have never really had an issue. I break a lot of nocks, but haven't split or damaged any of the arrows yet. The only collars I ever used were on my old CX Maxima's, but those things seemed to act like a funnel. I robin-hooded almost an entire dozen arrows the first year I shot those. I haven't wanted collars since.

Ah man, I had to go do a search when I saw that. I guess they "finally" took my advice after I hounded them several years ago about .200 spine shafts. I guess I get to spend some more money soon.

OP......I've never used nock collars on any of my .204 arrows, and have never really had an issue. I break a lot of nocks, but haven't split or damaged any of the arrows yet. The only collars I ever used were on my old CX Maxima's, but those things seemed to act like a funnel. I robin-hooded almost an entire dozen arrows the first year I shot those. I haven't wanted collars since.

X2 on the increase of Robin hood.

I find pin nocks to be the answer, but I wouldn't use those on hunting arrows.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I find pin nocks to be the answer, but I wouldn't use those on hunting arrows.
I tried those but kept bending the pins instead of damaging the arrows. The problem with that was......it didn't take much of a bend to throw the arrows off, and it wasn't easy to see the tiny bends.....except the effects thereof on the target end. I found that I'd rather replace arrows than replacing pin nock bushings.......hot/cool melt has just never worked well for me, so had to epoxy them in.

I tried those but kept bending the pins instead of damaging the arrows. The problem with that was......it didn't take much of a bend to throw the arrows off, and it wasn't easy to see the tiny bends.....except the effects thereof on the target end. I found that I'd rather replace arrows than replacing pin nock bushings.......hot/cool melt has just never worked well for me, so had to epoxy them in.

I'm able to just use a plastic bag over the pin bushing and press them in.

Can check the pin pretty easily by placing point in palm of one hand, other hand supports shaft below the fletching, and bring thumb in for the shaft to ride on. Blow on the vanes. If there's any damage to the pin you will see it wobble.

But I don't trust pin bushings with heavier arrows and 70#. Most I used them at was 360gr and 65#. Maybe fine, I just get hesitant.