Nomad/High Camp water bladder pocket

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This can attach to any kifaru pack where the common loops/chamber pocket it located.

Most of the Kifaru packs come with a bladder pocket, but the High Camp and Nomad do not. This would be a detachable bladder pocket when needed.

I'll post more photos, but this works well on the Nomad with multiple configurations. I've been testing it with the camp bag (works great like that), but also with belt pouches, bladder pocket and then back pouch on top.

What do you think?

uploadfromtaptalk1392731235867.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392731255602.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392731293677.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392731318644.jpg

c5mrr270

WKR
That's cool. I think people will like it, especially if they don't have bladders that they can just hang.

bbrown

WKR
I was looking at doing the same thing with an XL chamber pocket but it looks like they are no longer offered. In a perfect world it would be sweet if the water bladder could mount behind the belt pouches and then just use a quick fill kit so you don't have to keep taking it in and out. Then again prolly making mountains out of mole hills and your set up will work great and so would throwing it in one of the slot pockets.

eltaco

WKR
I've been trying to figure out which pocket would work for exactly this use. Is there any way to attach k comnector straps to that pocket as an impromptu backpack so I could quickly drop the rest of my pack and take just the water bladder for a more maneuverable stalk?

I dropped my pack last year but didn't have a way to bring my water along. Call it stupidity but took me a couple of hours into that stalk to realize the error I had made. I vowed to find a way to quick detatch my water for that application this season.

bandit1

FNG
Great call, I'd have bought it when I ordered if it was in the lineup. I bought the lock and load #4 on your advice, I'm sure it will work well.

amp713

WKR
I thought about just sliding it into the one wing and my spotting scope and tripod on the other side to keep a balance but that looks like it would keep the weight closer to your body......

looks cool... I was going to order the KU long pocket to do just the same thing... I almost never use my bladder so I would mostly be using it as storage instead of pouches.

Joe

Then again, I would probably use the bladder more if i had this because it would be so much easier to access than when it is burried in my duplex's. I got the long hunter lid too so i really dont need the extra ci.

I'm in. hahaha

Joe

Scoot

WKR
Aron,

I was going to put my bladder in the sleeve on one side of the Nomad and offset the weight of that bladder with kill kit and other things on the other side. Would this work OK? Also, if you put your bladder in the pocket as you have it in the pics and loaded a full campbag on top of it between the batwings, would that cause any problems?

Rizzy

WKR
looks cool... I was going to order the KU long pocket to do just the same thing... I almost never use my bladder so I would mostly be using it as storage instead of pouches.

Joe

I did this with my top zip long pocket in my highcamp, the KU 3 bar sliders on my long pocket are 3/4" the common loops on the highcamp for the chamber pocket is 1", it would slip out once in a while. I got my longpocket when the KU packs where still in production, the KU pockets might come with both size 3 bar sliders now so it may work better. Currently I'm using my KU longpocket as a stuff sack for my BCS2. I can attach it to the outside of my pack if I need to. For whatever reason the 3/4" 3 bar slider stays better when attached to the webbing loops on the outside of the pack when it's moderately full.