Non- flattening high quality binos? SLC like

CoStick

WKR
Trying to locate higher quality binos similar to the SLC view, I just don’t care for the field flattening view on some others I have tried, thank you

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the meostars. The kowa see quite a bit larger and I didn’t want the extra size.

WRO

WKR
The prior generation slc HD are money

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Matt G.

WKR
I believe the zeiss sf is another field flattener. Maven b1.2 are another I would add to your list. Lighter and more compact to the meopta.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ZEISS SF10x42?
As Matt mentioned, they do have a field flattener element to them. I feel like they aren’t as flat as an EL or maven B2, so they may work for someone who has issues with field flatteners, it’s a mild effect to my eyes. Amazing glass and I love my 8x42s though.

I have the Kowa genesis 10.5x44 and they are awesome. Optically they are better in the middle than SLC's. also I thought the edges were better. Put it this way only glass I would upgrade to would be NL Pures.

Last edited:
The Kowa has sharp optics and Doug has some great sale prices on them. But if I were considuring a binocular that large I’d get a 50mm which has some inherent optical advantages. The new Maven B6 10x50 has absolutely stunning optics, the build quality is top notch, and although 50mm are slightly smaller and notably lighter than the Kowa.

IMO, the Kowa. Slightly bigger but optically superior
i agree, you talked me into them, and they are seriously impressive at their price point. a few days ago my wife and i were switching back and forth between the kowas and slc's on the tripod, and it's just more fun sitting behind the kowas.

my wife is stealing them like she stole my slc's, but that's ok, because that means i get the nl pures... look forward to a side by side comparison of all 3, just because.

the kowa is the only glass i can truly say hits above it's price point... especially at that 1k dollar price point you guys often offer (or have at least) i don't think anything can touch them at that price.... different league than the vortex uhd