Non-lethal arrow tip….

oldgoat

WKR

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same problem, My fix was to lean a tire mounted on a steel wheel on A bush coming up my driveway. Hooked a fence charger to the wheel and made sure the ground was nice and damp for my ground rod, watched my dog piss and then went and rubbed the wheel with his piss. You wont need to watch as you'll be able to hear what's going on!

Felix40

WKR
Theres several rubber blunt styles that would not penetrate. Basically any on the 3 rivers site would work.

I think your better option is a red Ryder BB gun. They are more accurate so you could hit him where you want. It won’t break the skin. I used to have wars with those things all through childhood. I would be more worried about it not being enough if he has thick fur.

A slingshot and some marbles would work pretty good too.

Another option is a live trap. Once he is in the trap spray him down with the hose or pepper spray him. He won’t want to come anywhere near your property

Last edited:

Kentucky

WKR
40# bow fishing recurve???? 50# dog???
Big ole rubber blunt and full send at 20 yards..
Yeah, I guess it could break a rib but prolly not.. shoot it in the ass.. labs are beefy thick boned critters any… it’s not like your shooting a yorky..
Nor are you using a sturgis Cape buffalo rig…

if your worried about it that much take the blunt and test drive it on something else…maybe a volleyball? Or something.. see how hard it hits..

I just don’t see point in calling animal control for a “shitpisser” and wasting tax dollars on something this trivial..

I shot my brother with a Red Ryder BB GUN, he became a lawyer. It’ll work on the dog.
As to Alaskan drivers and pedestrians or dogs on the road, probably none more dangerous or inconsiderate in the country.

MADBEAR

FNG
Get a 24” crossbow decocking bolt and just swap the nock. The short draw and the huge blunt tip will scare it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clintopher

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how it is up there but around me dog owners are legally obligated to control they’re pets. If that’s a thing I’d document the mishaps, the times you’ve spoken with the owners and then report it to the police. Deal with the disease not the symptom.

Wrench

WKR
Once upon a time I had a very sweet lab who was outside on a chain. My neighbor from down the road (similar type owner) had a pit bull that was a prick. One evening i let the dog out and the pit came down and was messing with my dog. I was able to drive it away....but it was work.

Fast forward a week and I made a run to the store. I came home to my labs head in the pit's mouth as my dog was on the chain. I chucked up a rubber blunt and stuck that thing. I broke something in the CNS because it dropped dead like it was hit by lightning.

It fell out of my truck down by the highway. End of that mess.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Once upon a time I had a very sweet lab who was outside on a chain. My neighbor from down the road (similar type owner) had a pit bull that was a prick. One evening i let the dog out and the pit came down and was messing with my dog. I was able to drive it away....but it was work.

Fast forward a week and I made a run to the store. I came home to my labs head in the pit's mouth as my dog was on the chain. I chucked up a rubber blunt and stuck that thing. I broke something in the CNS because it dropped dead like it was hit by lightning.

It fell out of my truck down by the highway. End of that mess.

If that happened I’d have zero problem killing the dog but this particular dog isn’t being violent or aggressive in any way. Also I should add that the dog is loyal to the kids in its family, I’d hate to kill it and upset the kids.

bobinmi

WKR
airsoft saved my neighbor dog's life. If I came home to my garbage being knocked over one more time I would have nailed her with a rifle. A man can only scrape dirty diapers off of a frozen driveway so many times. Wacked her a few times with an airsoft rifle and she didn't come around anymore.

I wouldn't spend the $$ on a new paintball gun for this but if you have a friend that has one sitting around that might work well.

oldgoat

WKR
Was thinking about this thread the other day and a memory surfaced, neighbors dog was really mean, chewed up one of my dogs and then I caught it eating one of my chickens in the drive, I did the old SMS trick, shot, missed and shutup! Worked pretty good and I didn't have to dig a hole!

Is there a non lethal option I can use to shoot a dog with???

I have a dog that’s been coming around my property, pissing on my tires, it pissed on my snow machine too. Finally the other day it took a shit in my shop.

I’ve talked to the owners and they are less than useful in this situation. I don’t want to call animal control because the owners likely won’t go get the dog and it will get put down.

I need to make a point with this dog without harming it.

I see some small game tips but they have metal on them.

Any other options?
get an airsoft gun or paintball gun