Non load carrying daypack?

I picked up an ACG scout pack from the classifieds. A bit smaller than you’re looking for but it might still fit the bill. The lay out is nice and it has plenty of straps to tie in a tripod or other larger items. Pretty streamlined and hugs your back well. Picked it up for coyote hunting but it may end up being my go to day pack for when I’m not getting too far off the roads.

pirogue

WKR
I chose a Kifaru Antero for a non load carrying pack. Tree stand hunt a lot, so I wanted a pack with a top handle. Always carry a sidearm, so didn’t want a pack belt to interfere. Can’t speak for continuous rainy days. Long ago, I swore I would never buy another Bad Zippers (aka Badlands) brand pack.

Kifaru 14'r has grab loop, interior scope and tri pod holder plus bladder hook. Will pack decent weight too.
Great all around non frame day pack.

Last edited:
I am hoping to get some advice for a new daypack. It looks like most people want a daypack that they can carry their animal back out with but my requirements are a little different. I spot and stalk hunt and when I get an animal we try and get as close as possible with wheelers and then use packboards to carry the quarters out. Mostly moose, caribou and bear. I'm currently using a very old cabelas scout pack and it has worked ok for quite a while but it is just worn out and beat up. Some things that I am looking for is a lighter weight pack that is rain resistant because it rains all of the time here, some sort of pocket or attachment ability for my tripod and spotting scope, hydro bladder capable, good zippers, and about 2000 cu in. It doesn't need to be camo but fairly quiet fabric. I have been looking on this site and going to sites like stone glacier, badlands, kuiu, etc. and it is hard to tell without touching them and checking out. I am hoping some of you use a pack like me and can give your insite on which ones work for you. thanks!
Really enjoy carrying the Badlands Super Day

OP
Kobuk

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
It's amazing on how many choices. I'm kind of a hands on guy and so I'm going to try and find some local, hopefully, to compare. It doesn't look like ill be able to see very many because the lack of stores that carry these packs. It looks like a lot of the suggestions are from guys that want to be able to pack meat as an option but for how and what we hunt, it won't really work. I think that pack weight might be more important. I haven't personally seen pretty much any of the packs mentioned but it sounds like there are a lot of good ones out there. Thanks again